• Hey :) Just a reminder that Fort community is not equipped to discuss current ongoing abuse. If you're currently involved in an abusive relationship - please log out, contact hotlines and/or alternative sites (the Help tab on top of any page lists a few of each), and feel free to come back to Fort once you're safe and stable. Be safe.

How did you find us?

S

Still Coping

I was having a really bad day and needed someone to listen so I googled “rape survivors forum.” Yours was the 2nd or 3rd link down. The first site I tried had a bunch of bullshit security questions and wanted a lot of personal information. Not cool when you’re dealing with survivors who probably want to remain anonymous. So I said screw it and came here. I’m pretty happy the first site was total crap because I like it here. It feels safer somehow. ��

Jane

Lark Ascending
Got Keys
I was having a really bad day and needed someone to listen so I googled “rape survivors forum.” Yours was the 2nd or 3rd link down. The first site I tried had a bunch of bullshit security questions and wanted a lot of personal information. Not cool when you’re dealing with survivors who probably want to remain anonymous. So I said screw it and came here. I’m pretty happy the first site was total crap because I like it here. It feels safer somehow. ��
Good you found us - you're welcome to join if you wish. To do this read guideines doc and if these sit ok with you - click on the register link and fill in the online registration form - post an initial post - maybe into the welcome folder (but your choice :)) and once it is approved (shows on the board) you will be good to go...one of our community.

For you :rs

catmom21

Known To All
It has been a few years since I found this site, but I was looking up signs of a narassitic articles and came across this site.

catmom

U

Unregistered

Re:

I am curious to those who are just now coming across the Fort and for those who are already registered here:

How did you find us?

Did someone recommend you here or maybe a random search on something abuse related or perhaps something totally UNRELATED to our theme but the site caught your attention anyway?

Interested to hear from you!
I found this on google, why .. Sometimes I feel a bit different Ive dealt with a few stuff in my past. So it helps me give a few inputs on a few people posts. I definitely enjoy this site very much. I feel it should definitely be out there more so people can definitely be more open to say how they feel, even if they don't share there personal name information. but to be able to speak it to other will help completely .

S

Still not sure

I’ve been alone for most of a lifetime, a square peg in a round world. DID makes the most sense in describing my life and how it works...so the searching began and I’ve found my way here again since a few years earlier...but more enlightened and confident in my present being whereas earlier we were just exploding out of hiding from ourselves and the world. We are many and every moment is fragmented just like my almost nonexistent memory.

Jane

Lark Ascending
Got Keys
Hi :hi

Know the feeling of being a round peg in a square hole - Hopefully dropping in to our DID friendly site helps. Dunno if you have explored the Fort library yet (link in the page header) - have some on-topic articles there you might find interesting. :bee

theunwanted

Growing Famous
Got Keys
You are in company here if You decide to stay Still not sure. We too can relate to what You have said about being DID. A warm welcome to all. We looked around a lot and checked out quite a few places before we found Fort. No other place felt like it could be somewhere we could feel kind of "safe". A few folks here that we chatted with just seemed to treat us with a gentleness and compassion we had never experienced before. It still took some time but for us, there is no place we have been where folks have been so good to others. We hope You find it to be such a place too, here and listening.

K

Krista in Va

I want to leave my husband and am so afraid. He is a district attorney in our county and will go crazy with anger if/when I leave. We have 3 small children who have witnessed some of their daddy's abuse. He is extremely jealous and constantly tells me he loves me, yet at the drop of a hat will slap me, pull my hair, hit me ( always in place where my bruises are hidden by clothing. He has several guns and has held them to my head. He says since I'm his wife, he is entitled to sex whenever he wants it. I'm not allowed to say no. He has never hurt our children and has always been loving, even gentle with them. His job is stressful and I try to keep things on an even keel when he's at home, but he still will fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. I dropped out of college when we married and had our first child 10 months later. and am worried about finding employment to support myself and children. I know I am entitled to child support, but need income from a job too. Nobody knows the severity of his abuse and my family have encouraged me to stay when I tried to talk to them. Since I have no visible "wounds", they think I'm exaggerating. I am so sad, afraid, and so, so alone in this.

Jane

Lark Ascending
Got Keys
So sorry you find yourself in this situation. My abusive ex also had a legal background. Gotta say it was an additional factor I needed to consider; his ability to use his professional expertise to make things more difficult for me. Thing that I did was to prepare as much as I could ahead before making the break...got copies of all our joint property, debts and savings, mine and my child's passport, birth certificates and such. Beyond the odd shove or push my partner was not really physically violent - emotional nastiness was his thing. Can hear why you would be worried given your abuser's history - guns to your head and such. Wonder is you have considered contacting staff at your local DV shelter (have contact details of this sort of agency listed under the 'help' tab in the header). In my case staff at my local DV shelter helped to look at my options - and when I decided to leave to develop a plan todo this as safely as possible (think in some instances they help people to relocate to out of area safe houses if his is needed)...these sort of agencies also are well informed on the support available and can help you to gain access to what you are entitled too.

Hope what I have shared helps...that you receive the one on one support you need to get yourself and your children to safety. :rs:rs

H

Hoping to Heal

I found your site through internet research concerning childhood trauma/abuse. I am a young adult suffering with anxiety and depression. I have had a history of childhood trauma and I just needed somewhere safe to talk about what I’ve been thinking and how to effectively move past the negative aspects of living through a traumatic past.

Jane

Lark Ascending
Got Keys
ust came across site researching " did" spectrums.
:yay - dunno if you have visited the library yet (link in the header) we have some interesting info on DID there. Also more convos (a whole folder of them :)) on this subject in the members' only section of the site. :pg

ToothlessDragon

Part Of The Crowd
I follow a blog that talks about trauma and dissociation, but they said that Tumblr is not a very safe community for survivors, an assertion with which I agree... but I still wanted to talk about my feelings with peers who'd been through similar things. So I looked at the blog owner's "resources" page, and there was a link to Fort! :)

I am curious to those who are just now coming across the Fort and for those who are already registered here:

How did you find us?

Did someone recommend you here or maybe a random search on something abuse related or perhaps something totally UNRELATED to our theme but the site caught your attention anyway?

I was searching for a chat to ask help, and this site lets me use Tor... so here I am.

Blackmamba

Getting The Hang Of It

How did you find us?

I found it via domesticshelters.org

K

kp1

Hi,i used to come here years ago. I met someone from here irl who also has DID and it was a revelation for me. To find someone else who a similar internal landscape to me was huge. Would like to be part of here again.

Manya

here an there
Admin
Hi,i used to come here years ago. I met someone from here irl who also has DID and it was a revelation for me. To find someone else who a similar internal landscape to me was huge. Would like to be part of here again.
hey kp1 :hi
if you lost access to your old account - email admin@fortrefuge.com, we should be able to restore it for you :rs

How did you find us?

Google search