Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
~ Winnie the Pooh
Healing from abuse is an intense and exhausting task that takes time and effort. We are not superheroes and cannot do it non-stop. This page offers you a nice safe distraction whether you got triggered in chat, have read something disturbing on forums, bumped into an upsetting article in our library, or simply need a break. There are no ads, but some of the games come with sound (which you usually can mute). Check out our Calm Room too!
Good sites to play:
- freerice.com - interesting project: you play educational games (like practice your grammar or history) and for every correct answer they donate rice to underdeveloped countries, to stop world hunger.
- idolbrain.com - games that are good for your brain.
- khanacademy.org - great learning site for kids or adults: school and college subjects, plus test prep. Free, but you need to register to use it (or sign in with your Facebook/Google account).
- habitica.com - productivity app that works like RPG.
- lichess.org - one of the best chess sites: play with someone unknown, with a friend, or with a computer; puzzles, forums, tournaments, etc.
- make-origami.com - huge collection of origami tutorials, easy to use site, clear instructions, good quality photos.
- storynory.com - tons of free audiobooks for kids: brothers Grimm, Andersen, Perrault, Dickens, Kipling, etc.
- comptines.tv - 506 comptines, chansons et poesies pour enfants - huge collection of French songs for kids, with lyrics.
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
~ Winston Churchill
This page was last updated on June 4th, 2017
© 2008-2017 Fort Refuge. Please don't reproduce without permission.