• Hey :) Just a reminder that Fort community is not equipped to discuss current ongoing abuse. If you're currently involved in an abusive relationship - please log out, contact hotlines and/or alternative sites (the Help tab on top of any page lists a few of each), and feel free to come back to Fort once you're safe and stable. Be safe.

art area!! anyone else use it as therapy?

MythicalFallout

Getting The Hang Of It
I was gobsmacked a minute ago as I was looking through the website to see where will be beneficial and I saw you have an art area. I picked up a paintbrush at 38 and the journey and process of learning over the last 5 years has been gratifying.

Knowing it has helped me function. lol a couple of times it has seriously stressed my family because they saw what I was working on and were like hey fam you ok? do I need to watch you? but still I have gone from only painting pain to being able to paint beauty too. The act of creation is incredibly soothing for me.

A question to others- do you use art or physical activity (be that painting, sculpting, needlework, crocheting whatever) to help get those emotions out? or am I a rare odd duck.