+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needing to talk to a Male partner of a victim

Unregistered Guest

Needing to talk to a Male partner of a victim

Hello all, I hope I'm not intruding but I'd like to speak to a male partner of a victim, either a husband or a fiance or a partner of any other status. I am the husband of a young women (32) who was raped very early this year and I need other information to help balance the information I'm hearing from her therapist and her support group. Please reply.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi just want to say upfront I am not a male, but do want to let you know that I have read your message - heard your wish to hear from men who are supporting a close one through a traumatic event. I hope you get some responses, you find them useful. In the meantime I wonder if you have seen this article in our library http://www.fortrefuge.com/supporters.html - it does not specifically targeted men (rather all secondary survivors - anyone who is supporting a survivor) - hope it helps.

For you during this challenging time in you and your partner's lives...for caring...
    for me someone showing they were there for me made a big difference
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread