+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In need of help

Unregistered Guest

In need of help

If it weren't for my son, I wouldn't be on here. I wouldn't be married to that thing asleep upstairs. I love my son and would do anything for him. I'm a 38m. The alcoholic thing asleep has only 3 priorities alcohol, cigarettes, and her phone. Tonight sh yelled at our son (4) who only wanted her attention but her shouting words were "I'm busy leave me alone" as she was too busy playing a game on her phone. She has physically assaulted me in the past. But I have to not defend myself. I just want my son and I to be safe and away from her.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Agree reciprocating in the same way when your partner loses it is not the way to go. As a person who grew up in an unhappy home - one of the things I wished was that my non-abusive parent would leave...rescue me (and my sibs) from all the nastiness that I as a kid had no control over - had to live with. Swore then and still believe now that adults have a duty of care to their kids - need to do whatever they need to ensure that they have the necessities of life and to me one of the majors when it comes to these is not to have to live with or witness alienated and scrapping parents...Kids just do not have the maturity to deal with this - often think they are doing something wrong...are unlovable.

Can't tell you what to do that must be your choice...however you sound far from happy...wondering if it may be worth talking to a lawyer exploring what your options are - discussing your parental rights...how you can protect them.

Hope what I have shared helps
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread