+ Reply to Thread

Thread: im stuck with ticking rager and stress is messing me up

out here Guest

im stuck with ticking rager and stress is messing me up

wheres good place for support? older no kids, family is older and further away. burning out on trying to find my solution to leaving DV. i seem to freeze or give up on finding my path out. local gelp isnt a help. this rural area seems full of misogynists. seems best not to add to his drama but at what cost? please older women viewpoints. where to go from here.

Affection
    test
    From the main Forum page...
    Look in the right hand column. You may need to scroll a bit as it is not first item there. (Our members are dealing with aftermath stuff usually, vs immediate crisis needs. We care... just is not first item on the list...)
    ...it has a phone icon on it. Click that. You choose the topic of crisis then the flag that matches your area.)

I personally cannot speak for help in your area.

Personally am struggling with a family member and trying to get “professional” folks to help her make a safety plan... it is complicated. I feel and am unqualified to assist her with this, ...and I am.

Real 3D support seems to be a dynamic thing. Sometimes consists of a network, so to speak, and a plan, or can happen in various shapes and forms...

It is something I do not understand for any particular person.

Best I can tell anyone, including my loved ones...
    Check the safety checklists, or ask for them. There is lots of info on exiting situations online, however, one must also be careful on browser history, etc... So any advice is potentially risky.

Way better to get hotline and 3D help as anything I could possibly say from this vantage point could not necessarily be helpful.

Hope that makes sense.
    Hopefully I am not being confusing.

As much as I would like to help...
    I just can’t offer anything even if I knew it since everyones circumstances are unique to a degree.

Personally speaking...
    For me it took a whole lot to simply have the resolve to leave.
    I returned even after going to hospital.
    Even after police arrived...I returned...
    Even after getting housed in a domestic violence shelter.

Wasn’t until I realized I was pregnant and had no right to subject my unborn childs development to the impact of my enviornment...did I finally find resolve to leave.
    I really wish my own “rock bottom” limit for behavior upon me... was higher.
    Just wasnt the case.
    Took a lot for me to get “fed up.”
    I was raised to tolerate lots of junk...
    So leaving just...
    Didnt seem necessary.

I wish it had been different.
    ”Not only do self-love and love of others go hand in hand but ultimately they are indistinguishable.” ― M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth

+ Reply to Thread