+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Struggle Is Real

The Struggle Is Real

My father was mentally, emotionally, physically, and sexually abusive. He has been out of my life for the past 19 years, but the abuse I endured in childhood still seems to affect me in just about every aspect of my life. I struggle with low self-esteem, crippling depression seems to be my baseline modus operandi, and I feel as though in many ways it has left me in a state of arrested development. I feel like my past makes it difficult for me to relate to other people. I believe it could be valuable for me to share my experiences with others who have gone through similar things in order to feel less isolated as well as maybe benefit from others' insight, as well as to offer my own attention and insight.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to BlackButterfly for this useful post:

eagle22 (05-17-2018),Jane (05-17-2018)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi BlackButterfly - happy to welcome you but sorry that you need to seek out a site for survivours.

Can relate to your story - the long-lasting negative impact your childhood trauma is still having on your life. I hope coming here...sharing and discussing your issues with other survivors helps you to safely find your voice...to feel less alone.

I noticed you have registered - now I have approved this intro post your membership is set to go...you will be able to hop over to the members' only sections of our site...dip into the folders - lots of interesting and useful stuff there.

Again welcome
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

BlackButterfly (05-17-2018),eagle22 (05-17-2018)

Affection
    Please ask before touching. kindness appreciated
    Hello BlackButterfly and welcome to Fort Refuge. We are sorry that you went through these terrible experiences and that you still struggle so with the damage they have left you to deal with. We have found much solace, understanding and support here, We hope Being here helps You as well and that you find a path to healing.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If music be the food of life then, play on" -William Shakespeare (and a big favorite of Mick Fleetwood)

6. The following 2 users say thank you to theunwanted for this useful post:

BlackButterfly (05-17-2018),Jane (05-17-2018)

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Panda for this useful post:

BlackButterfly (05-17-2018),Jane (05-17-2018)

Unregistered Guest

i can relate but not fully

you sound like you have had a much tougher time than me but i understand the happiness you feel now they are gone, its like life just got put on super duper easy mode instead of being on brutal all the time, i know what you mean by not being able to realte at all to other people its pretty shitty

+ Reply to Thread