+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

ss Guest

Hi

Just looking for people like me. I looked at the posting categories and several apply.. lack of self esteem, I guess put me in certain situations. But, you know...." it waddn't me - it was some ahol behind me. Now that I am much older, but still isolating just to survive (no one will hurt me again)... I wonder if I have "given up" my life for the last 20 years and if I shouldn't have fought harder for a normal life?.....

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi ss

Glad you have dropped in. You of course welcome to register if you wish - or if you prefer dip into our library and the public sections of our site. Hear you about being older but still feeling the impact of what happened - is a common issue round here; members/survivours struggling to get our lives back on track - to neutralise the negative messages and other traumatic stuff we were subjected to.

For you
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Hi ss,

I知 still new here too, but wanted to say that like Jane, I am also older & trying hard to...I知 not sure really was it is I知 trying to do, reconcile certain things in my past which I buried, or at least trying to live in peace with those things so that I never have to think about them (which I知 not sure I can do, the more that memories sneak up on me, or just to live the best way that I can & have some happiness as I do. Anyway, you are not alone I知 feeling like this & I just wanted to say the same. Take good care & my best wishes for you.

unregistered Guest

:)

Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Just looking for people like me. I looked at the posting categories and several apply.. lack of self esteem, I guess put me in certain situations. But, you know...." it waddn't me - it was some ahol behind me. Now that I am much older, but still isolating just to survive (no one will hurt me again)... I wonder if I have "given up" my life for the last 20 years and if I shouldn't have fought harder for a normal life?.....
    I know how you feel, but the honest truth you have to now find yourself find your happiness. Even sometime counseling or having a close friend to talk to will help you move on from your past. Ive learned that if you don't talk about it you don't move on. Why people say that is because you get that out your head. with you not talking about it you keep talking to yourself about it. But don't give up on anything. Keep pushing forward find hobbies I promise you that you will then be happy

+ Reply to Thread