+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Less of a man?

Unregistered Guest

Less of a man?

I admit, I was beaten down by a woman. I have built my walls, walls from what I lived and from what could happen again. Last week I removed a brick to allow someone to see me. It backfired and opened up all I have buried. 2 years after, it all slams back into place. I would never have believed the healing could be worse than the abuse. I know, traditionally, it is a "woman's issue ". It does go both ways.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Agree it goes both ways. That gender is not the strongest predictor of who will or will not be an abuser or indeed a victim of abuse. Have some info in our library that helps to dispel the myth that women do not abuse...men are not the target of abuse. One difference is men are less likely to report or seek help...women tend to select less violent (but not necessarily less harmful) forms of abuse.

I am so sorry to read your story...how tough it is for you to find your way forward...feel safe. You're welcome to come join us here if that appeals.

For you if I may.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

3. The following 4 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Determined (10-17-2017),eagle22 (10-14-2017),Mike (10-16-2017),weepingwillow (10-14-2017)

+ Reply to Thread