+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Neck

Unregistered Guest

Broken Neck

when I was 11 my dad choked me. from then on I have had terrible headaches and I never really questioned them until I was in my early 20's when I started to get visual migranes. tomorrow i'm going to get my neck scanned to see how bad it is, but I can physically feel where the bone is out of place. i'm 26 now. can I still report my dad?

Shae, 26, mother of three, Oregon

sorry it happened to you, being choked by your dad is scary, and migraines suck.

im no lawyer, just googled oregon statutes of limitations, looks like assault and battery statute is 2 years and age of maturity is 18, so you had till you were 20 to take action on it. in civil court i mean. in criminal court idk that anything can be done. then again, im no lawyer, you might wanna talk to one, the site i linked to seems to be offering free case evaluation.
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (09-08-2017),weepingwillow (09-10-2017)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    I am so sorry that you were subjected to physical mistreatment as a child...that you are still suffering from the aftermath of this. I hope the scan helps your medical team to come up with some effective ways to relieve your pain,

Not a legal expert here (none of our members are) but wondering if others were aware of this event when it happened - if you attended a doctor or ER. Just thinking that if it turns out you can take action (and decide to do so) this sort of evidence may help your case.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread