+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck

Meh Guest

Stuck

I am 30 years old, still living at home. I've recently, come to the realization that I am being mentally/psychologically being abused by my family. I think it's been going on for a lot longer than I realized and I've come to realize that some of my... "personality quirks" are really the signs of being abused. I know by now everyone is saying "well, just move out". I want to, so badly. But right now it just isn't financially doable. And I don't really have anywhere to go. I guess basically what I'm here for is to ask how to cope while I'm stuck here.

hey meh

i can see how staying with your parents at 30 would cause friction. idk, i dont have any breakthrough ideas, just the obvious cohabitation stuff: staying in your room when you feel youre getting on peoples nerves, doing more chores around the house, not being noisy at night, not leaving hair in shower drain, etc. i mean, doing whatever is within your control, to avoid conflicts that can be avoided. not gonna resolve the issue entirely, but why make it worse than it has to be. i mean, if youre not contributing to the household financially - makes sense to at least clean/cook/etc...

curious though, do you have any impairments/disabilities that prevent you from working and/or getting your own place? no judgment at all, just many countries have programs for those: shelters, group homes, transitional housing, supportive care facilities, disability benefits, welfare, employment assistance, classes, etc. cuz, i mean, your parents have the right to evict you whenever they feel like it, so kinda why wait for it to happen... dont have to answer of course, just wanted to throw the idea out there and see if it sticks, disregard if irrelevant
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Sunfl0wer (06-18-2017),weepingwillow (06-18-2017)

+ Reply to Thread