+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure where to Post

Not sure where to Post

Hi. I want to get more involved in the community here.

I recently have been diagnosed with DID and am interested in learning more about how other people have been able to reconnect with themselves. I have found myself at a point where I have very little supports and nobody around me that I can talk to about the very real and often crazy-seeming things going on inside my head. Sometimes I just feel so fractured and broken and I'd like to hear that I can break through to those parts of myself I've locked away and help them reach peace.

I'm in a partial day program right now, but I need to figure out something to do when it ends next week. I know that I have some intense internal work to do in the coming months, but I'm not sure how to give myself a stable external environment while I do it.

I feel alone in this process.

I wasn't sure where else to post, but in this group.

Thanks.

2. The following user says thank you to DrPufferfish for this useful post:

Jane (02-21-2017)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi Drpufferfish

Glad you have joined us. Can reassure you this is a DID friendly site...lots of us here live with dissociation and dissociative disorders and the the particular challenges that can present.

As a registered member you are able to access the members' only sections of the site. These include a folder dedicated to discussions on DID related subjects.

I hope coming here helps as you negotiate the next steps on your trauma recovery journey. I find fort is a great adjunct to my individual therapy sessions. Helps me to feel less alone...that I am with others who 'get it'. Hope it works out well for you too
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Manya (02-21-2017)

+ Reply to Thread