+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emotional abuse

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi read you post and hear how the current level of tension in your family is making you to feel...how this has increased since your father found out he is to lose his job.

I am sorry that you feel isolated and on the receiving end of things. From experience I know what it is like to live with a parent who reacts with anger and confronting comments...remember how I wished they would tone it down. Was kinda a family thing to shout and show it if you were angry...one over the years I learned not to personalise.

As outlined in our guidelines Fort caters for abuse survivours over the age of 16. However there are support services out there for younger teenagers. We have a page for teens, last one under child abuse in library, with a bunch of links/numbers too. Some are staffed by teen volunteers, rather than adults. I wonder if contacting one of these could work for you?.

Finally I hope you and your family get through this tough time in your lives...that things improve for you soon.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Sunfl0wer (07-22-2017),weepingwillow (07-22-2017)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Wow...powerful words, messages. 'and you learn and you learn'

“After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul and you learn that love doesn’t mean possession and company doesn’t mean security. And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead with the grace of an adult not the grief of a child. And you learn to build your roads today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have ways of falling down in mid-flight. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much, so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure. That you really are strong and you really do have worth and you learn and you learn…”-

~Veronica A. Shoffstall
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Manya (09-03-2017),weepingwillow (09-10-2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12