+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't know if this is abuse

Unregistered Guest

I don't know if this is abuse

My Boyfriend makes me do stuff. Sometimes it's ok and other times it hurts he's hit me twice he tells me what I'm not allowed to do and he used to make me do sexual stuff and if I disobey he does this face and voice that scare me. I go to the same school as him and I can't tell anyone because it's happened before with another person and they didn't believe me. He speaks to me in a threatening way and at times I'm generally scared for my safety. Sometimes he goes cold I made the mistake of telling him this once and he told me he was gonna show me what cold was. I don't know what to do to be honest I've been in lots of abusive relationships and dysfunctional environments/home and I'm used to pain and I love my Boyfriend truly and I do believe that there is hope he did after all make me stop self harming but that was only with threats do my head is completely censored right now.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Idk - think it is less important to sort out if something meets the requirements to be called abuse than to sort out how you feel about it. Certainly if someone was treating me as you describe your b/f is treating you I would not be happy...would be questioning if this was what I wanted for myself.

Have been in a similar situation...lived in hope that my partner would change - drop the nasty stuff. He didn't. In the end I realised that how things were, was likely how they were going to stay. Decided that I deserved more, so gritted my teeth and opened up to a few trusted friends about my situation. With their support I moved out. Can't say it was easy, however like many before me I survived, slowly got over my loss and rebuilt my life.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

3. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Nikki 2 (12-26-2016)

+ Reply to Thread