+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I left today

I left today

Heart broken and disappointed with myself. He put me in a headlock and then I went to work, and I thought I was going to break my teeth with how.hard he was squeezing myhead.. He took it out on my cat when I left so when I got home I left for good. I have to still get all of my stuff.. But my heart is out of it. I was in an abusive relationship before and im wondering if I just attract broken people... Im not looking for ANYTHING any time soon.. But it scares me to think this is my future no matter how many times I take myself out of the situation.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Kurse13 for this useful post:

Jane (11-26-2016),weepingwillow (11-26-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi Kurse...

I am so sorry you were subjected to this harsh treatment. Imo no one deserves that. Can only imagine how you must be feeling. I know how hard it is to rise above the pain of the latest attack...to find the strength to say 'enough' and walk away.

Hear you about this not being the first abusive relationship you have been involved it...your fear that this will be a continuing pattern. I have been in that hopeless feeling space. What helped me was to work with a trauma T...work out what factors were making it so easy for abuser's to target me and hook me in. In my case was largely down to me believing that I was not good enough...made me gloss over red flags eg bad mouthing of previous partners, playing the victim and such. was like at one level I felt that second-best was all I deserved. Has been quite a journey to learn to treat myself respectfully, to truly believe that I like anyone else deserves to be treated as an equal...decently. But am making progress...am now in a loving relationship.

Glad you stepped in...hope the support here helps you to feel less alone as you continue to process and recover from the turmoil of the last few days.
    Heading off on a mini vacation - some rest and recreation - be back at the end of the week - round about Sunday 24th

Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

weepingwillow (11-26-2016)

You are really brave. I am so sorry you had to deal with this.

+ Reply to Thread