+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking support

Unregistered Guest

Seeking support

Hi
    My young son was the victim of sexual abuse. Don't worry, it has been reported and all of that. He is getting counseling and other help he needs. While I am getting counseling as well I still feel as if I am so alone and guilty. I cannot stand people telling me how fantastic he is doing and how great he is doing when I feel like we are just living a lie.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hear you. Imo is a tough thing to learn that your child has been sexually abused...that it has brought out the 'mamma bear' in you. Can understand your 'could, should have' self critical thinking...your child has been violated, subjected to things that no child ever deserves...likely been changed by it. Imo sexual abuse always causes negatively impacts on those beyond the person targeted...can cause emotional turmoil to family and others who know and love them.

Idk if it appeals, or if you are in the position to seek the support of a trauma T. If it would help you process and find some peace in this situation. Know from experience how much energy it takes to support someone else when you are also grappling to come to terms with a trauma causing event.

For you and your son as you find the strength to heal.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread