+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP Suggestions

HELP Suggestions

So I am new on here, and here is my story. 18 years ago I left my abuser. I had had a child with him and the abuse was manipulative, sexual, physical and verbal. I pressed charges and we was charged with attempted murder. He got out and I fled with the help of the district attorney I got a new name and a new start. Things were going great until that child I had had with him, (now an adult) decided to make contact with my abuser to have a relationship with him.

My fear is back, I am extremely anxious having panic attacks and more. I thought that part of my life was over and now I feel like I am back in it. Help I need advice.

2. The following user says thank you to MariposaJo for this useful post:

Jane (11-16-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Mariposa...

I am so sorry you are facing this challenging situation. Can only imagine the stress it must be causing you. I need to clarify that no one here is able to provide you with advice - not what we are set up for. Our community is made up of survivors...got a rule that any professionals...lawyers counselors or such leave their qualifications at the door...important so they can relate to others as equals, peers, fellow survivors .

I am assuming that your son is over 18 yo (legally an adult), able to make his own decisions, (good ones, and ones that seem ill advised - concern you) and take responsibility for any consequences that are caused by them. Like anyone you have the right to share your opinions with him and maybe have already done this.

Thing that you may have some control over is taking steps to keep this man away from you idk by asking your son not to share info about you...including where you live. Other thing you may consider is consulting a lawyer...exploring if there are any legal options to stop this man using his contact with your son to get back into your life.

Wish I could offer more. Hope coming here helps you to feel less alone as you negotiate your way through this tough phase of your life.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread