+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Domestic Violence

Unregistered Guest

Living with Domestic Abuse and constant gaslightung

I have never been in this type of situation before. I have been assaulted in public and st home. If it is a good day I only get severely emotionally abused and blamed for everything . It has worn me down. I am also living under survelliance I am certain there are cameras . He has made up lies about me to neighbors so they won't talk to me. Also I believe he's having an affair. He has admitted to it . It's like living in a torture chamber. I can't go you a shelter because I work.

Kindness & hugs.
    I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation...imo no one deserves to be subjected to what you describe. There is help out there though. I rang my local DV shelter - they put no pressure on me to make hasty decisions or even front up to their shelter, but did provide me with a listening ear on the other end of the phone...support and information that I could choose to access if I wished to (legal advice, therapy etc).

Eventually I did decide to leave (decided I would rather live under a bridge - (not that it came to that) rather than put up with the insults and tension. Initially I struggled on my own but with time and work I discovered like many before me that I could cope on my own - had what it took to rebuild a safe and satisfying life for myself.

I hope what I have shared helps - that you find your way forward.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

freshair (02-19-2018),weepingwillow (02-26-2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234