+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence victim here

I say victim cause itís all so fresh and I havenít really addressed this the right way. I suppose this would be a step in the right direction.

2. The following user says thank you to Xneen for this useful post:

Jane (08-02-2018)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi Xneen - first of all welcome to Fort glad you stepped in...

Can relate to feeling like a victim rather than a survivor...sure felt like that when I initially escaped my abusive situation - overwhelmed and emotionally battered - relief that I was safe but still feeling like I had plenty of wounds to lick. Hope coming here adds to your sense of being less alone as you work on processing the trauma you have been through...begin to heal.

For you
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

tsukinobun (08-02-2018)

Thank you

6. The following user says thank you to Xneen for this useful post:

Jane (08-05-2018)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    See you are registered Xneen - expect you have had a poke round the members' only sections of the site have lots of convo's on a wide ranging number of DV related topics in our folder on that subject. Good to have you on board.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Unregistered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leolady22 View Post
    Hello all,

I am new the community. I am a survivor of domestic violence. I have only had one abusive relationship. It last from the time I was 21 until I was 26. I met this man when I was 17 years old.

I am new to the survivor community. I still feel shame about having been a victim. I have been blamed for the abuse. I have been blamed for retaliating. I have been emotionally abused, name-called... I can't even count how many times he physically hurt me.

I don't want to admit I am a shell of my former self. Any guidance in how to recover is appreciated.
    Hi, sorry to hear about this, it will take time to rebuild, I would advise you to stay away from any kind of relationship until you feel strong in yourself again because you might end up repeating things or accepting to be treated less well than you should or could be. Give yourself plenty time to recover.

Lizlopz Guest

Im new to this..managed to leave a 2nd time..

Hey Everyone, im new here..after meeting this guy in a dating website. We hit it off..things were great. Then he started hitting me kicking me i always got back with him despite it. He always promised me he would change. Things just got worse. This happened all last year. On new yrs he got out of control and really hit me..i finally had the stength to leave. I didnt understand when things were good they were great and when things were bad they were horrible. And got with someone else..which he turned out to be bipolar and strung out on meth. he was also abusive verbally and physically. The guy i had been with that abused me the first time got out of jail for unrelated reasons..and i was vulnerable..he had written me drew me pictures and stuff..i know cheezy huh anyway i really thought he changed he swore things got out of hand cause he was addicted to meth and wouldnt lay his hands on me. I moved in with him within the week and things were good. He was sober but when we argued he would push me..i didnt think much of it since it wasnt a hit. On different ocassions he pushed me..last night he said he didnt like my attitude pushed me and i defended myself..he kicked me bruised my body punched me in the face and smashed my head against the wall and the tv remote. He hit me on the side of my thigh with my shoe. I can hardly walk. Nothing broken thank God. He spit in my face told me no one loves me he feels sorry for me and im nothing. Called me every name in the book.I called my parents and now i am staying with them they picked me up from the hospital...hes in jail i pressed charges. I cant believe im back in this situation. I feel so weak..so stupid..i couldn't believe he'd dp that again after me giving him the benefot of the doubt again. I just dont know where to start again...im scared. I feel guilt cause hes in jail. I know i shouldnt..theres something wrong with me..how can i not feel like i have worth..i use to be a free spirit. And happy..i am completely broken now. More than i was before.

Affection
    Appreciated
    Hello. Sorry to hear that things are so bad right now. I hope you are able to remain safe. There are a lot of aftereffects of abuse. Its not an instant change and everything is better at once. You may want to look into our member folders, looks like you've registered, find some support there as well.
    Currently dusting off my jumpsuit. Cover me!
    East is up.
    You can learn to levitate with just a little help.
    You're facin' down a dark hall/I'll grab my light and go with you.||-//

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567