+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I dont really know what to do here

I dont really know what to do here

i dont really know much right now. i've been experiencing a lot of things the last couple weeks, a lot of what seems to be dissociating and its freaking me out. last night i thought my name was ollie, and when i woke up i thought i was someone named dan. im a girl. i have this fear that i was molested as a child but repressed it because i dont have a memory of being molested but i feel like i was? i hate myself for that, i feel like i'm a faker for attention because nothing actually happened to my knowledge. i was emotionally and physically abused as a kid, but when i think about it i dont panic or feel weird about it, it was just a thing that happened, i dont think i was traumatized by it. idk, i just feel completely out of place and my face looks so weird idek.

2. The following user says thank you to YourLadyPeace for this useful post:

Jane (10-25-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi YourLadyPeace. to Fort...

Read your intro...can hear how your recent experiences have made you feel uncertain about what is going on. Idk, not in the position of being able to say you were sexually abused...but completely understand your suspicions. I am glad that you feel you have moved on from your other 'not good' childhood stuff. I also felt like this about all my childhood negative stuff...got on with my life. Think my wise self suppressed it until I had the time and space to deal with it was in a strong enough space to deal with and process it.

Thing that helped me was to get some professional support...working with a Therapist helped me to get a clearer sense of the origins of my disjointed and incomplete memories and symptoms...to feel supported as I let them surface and start to process and heal.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

thats validating that other people have repression and inconsistent/seemingly out of place symptoms/memories. every time i think i have this stuff i immediately become ashamed and think im faking but idk why i would i just dont really know

+ Reply to Thread