+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking to help a friend

Looking to help a friend

I have a friend with DID and he is doing what he can, I am just looking to see if there is a way I can help him. He trust me and talks to me and I appreciate that he trust me enough to do so. I am new to the whole thing so i am just looking to get some advice. Thank you.

2. The following user says thank you to Jzip4264 for this useful post:

MakeshiftWe (08-29-2016)

help him with what?
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

The fact that you're here asking this question tells me that you probably already are helping him! But honestly, this is the question you gotta ask your friend, not us. DID systems are all different, and his needs may be unique to him. Really, you're already way ahead of the game just by believing his diagnosis and offering your support. Ask him what you can do to to help. Just listen to what he says. He might just be grateful that you're there.

He's lucky to have you as a friend.

5. The following user says thank you to MakeshiftWe for this useful post:

Jane (09-23-2016)

Kindness & hugs.
    Think it is great you are there for him...listening.

in my case what matters is that people (and I don't share my dx with many) accept that living with DID does not define me...that in the main I am able to self care this area of my life...and if not I am well able seek the help of my professional. So is not advice or opinions I would be seeking if I was in your friends situation, would be acceptance...and most of all to not have my dx get in the way of our friendship...make my friend think I was needy, less capable of making my own decisions. Helps me most of all to feel respected as a person and fully in charge of my own ship.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

7. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

AnyWoman (09-24-2016)

+ Reply to Thread