+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going through hell

Going through hell

Today was one of the hardest days for me. I had to go to a deposition about my rape case and i was in there for 5 and half hours. my rape happened back in October 2015. So everything is starting to move along. I was grilled so hard that i broke down into tears the defense lawyers were going at me like I did something wrong. They brought up every single thing they could to make me look bad. They brought up things from my childhood to my mental status. They made me feel like it was my fault because I had been drinking. I told her that I did nothing wrong. That if I decide to go out and drink and have fun that doesn't give a man to rape me. She asked so may personal questions that I felt like I was being raped all over again. Like i get that its her job and everything. But isn't there a line that you shouldn't cross. I don't get how people make a living defending men or women who rape another person. I know that someone has to do. But to sit across from someone that went through already why put them through even more pain. I know that it takes a strong person to come forward and talk about what has happened to. But when a lawyer breaks you down to a point it almost makes you think was this worth it

i hear you, it is hard, and i hope the trial is over soon. im grateful to you for filing the report and testifying.
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (08-05-2016),Sonseearae (08-06-2016)

Affection
    test
    Wow! I' m just amazed that you are doing something so difficult!!!
    I wish I could give you a week long holiday after this for some nurturing self care and peace.

5. The following user says thank you to Sunfl0wer for this useful post:

Jane (08-05-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Big thing imo...facing your perpetrator again...having to do this in public...tell your story...listening to their defence...confronting and tough. Hope this stage is over soon that the court process provides you with the justice you deserve.

For you
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Affection
    Hugs, flowers, coffee, e.t.c. - good
    Definately a big thing to face your accuser in court! Congrats for getting through it, I hope you get the justice you deserve. .
    Though I walk through the darkest valley, I will not fear for you are with me.

There is no bravery, except in the face of real fear.

*I am here sporadically atm, due to health issues. If you p.m. me, I may not see it right away. So, don't feel bad, I will respond, but it might take a few days. To get a quicker response, please go to the "speak to mod" section.

8. The following user says thank you to ZJ for this useful post:

Jane (08-08-2016)

Keep strong.....

+ Reply to Thread