+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My mother is being abused

anonymous Guest

My mother is being abused

I am thirteen years old and have dealt with my mother being emotionally abused for around ten years. She is with a long-term partner. We'll call him T. T has anger issues, often screaming hysterically at my mother and threatening her physically when she makes the smallest of mistakes, such a starting dinner 10 minutes late.
    I have recently been recording the audio from his outbursts. His most recent one involved him threatening to "punch my mother in the fucking face" if she didn't shut up.
    I feel horrible and filled with dread every day when I see him. I'm always afraid that he will snap.
    Please help. I can't take this anymore...

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hear you.

Our site and resources have been developed for adult survivors - people recovering from abuse who are 16 or over. We do however have some links to hot-lines and agencies under the help tab in our header...among these are some that are specifically set up to provide minors with a listening ear and support to deal with situations like the one you describe...maybe you could contact one of these or talk to a trusted adult.

For you
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread