+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The realizeation of finding out you are in an abusive relationship.

The realizeation of finding out you are in an abusive relationship.

A very close friend of mine is in an abusive relationship but didn't realize it until I read her the signs. She is too scared to leave and the problem is she never got help when or since she was abused at age 8 now she is in her mid 20's. I gave her this site and the one I work on 7 cups if she wanted to talk privately. She doesn't believe she can or will ever be happy so she stays there. I love her too much to see her this unhappy. Any suggestions?

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hear you.

Sounds like you are being a good friend...can not think of anything that I found more helpful than that.

I know when I was in a not ok relationship the thing that helped me most was to have the support of people who recognised and respected my right to make my own choices and decisions. Admittedly some of these on retrospect where not the best...sometimes not that rational. However I needed and had a right to come to that realisation myself. Just could not until this time see my situation through anyone else's eyes. Got there in the end...saw things as they were. At this stage I felt ready to discuss my relationship with my friends and willingly accept their support. Until then what I appreciated most was to do ordinary friend type things with them...helped me to feel normal to feel accepted and included.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread