+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Friend Needs Help

Unregistered Guest

My Friend Needs Help

I don't know where else to go for this. I don't know what to do.
    I've been friends with a girl over the Internet for four, maybe five years. We're extremely close, I consider her as close of a friend as I would someone who lives twenty minutes away from me. But she's in a bad situation.

This is what I know, and what she's told me:
    - Her parents isolate her, she doesn't have any friends in the real world, and she takes online schooling. She told me that she once asked her parents if she could spend the night at her friend's house and they beat her up.
    - Her house is a complete mess, there's rats in the walls, hoarding, etc.
    - Her mom constantly calls her fat and worthless. I'm pretty sure she's still starving herself.
    - Again, she's scared to tell her parents anything because she says they'll beat her up.

These are only a few examples. She's suicidal, isolated, and I told her when she gives me the okay, I'll call CPS. She gave me the okay and wants me to call. We live in separate states, she lives in Pennsylvania. I don't know if I should call a hotline, or call CPS directly. I told her I'd help her get her out of there, if you have any advice on how I should handle this situation, please help me with this ASAP.

i hear what youre saying, and for you for helping your friend. i personally would just call cps straight. we got a page about reporting abuse, including numbers to call, here - http://www.fortrefuge.com/Reporting-Suspected-Abuse.php hope it helps you.
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Volunteers

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

purpleclouds (07-22-2016),weepingwillow (07-22-2016)

Unregistered Guest

thank you

I am on hold with the CPS in her state as I type this. I'm very scared they won't take me seriously, or my report won't go through. What can I do to help her if my report doesn't go through? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you so much.

glad youre calling. theres no "going through" or "not going through" though. they wont tell you the outcome of it, its confidential. they'll just ask you a bunch of questions, thank you for the info, and take it from there. they wont instantly go to your friends house, got protocols, lines, etc. if this is an emergency, your friend is in actual danger - you (or she) should call 911. those come right away. for you
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Volunteers

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

purpleclouds (07-22-2016),weepingwillow (07-22-2016)

+ Reply to Thread