+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My parents' abuse is getting worse.

Unregistered Guest

My parents' abuse is getting worse.

Hello. My name is Heather and I am 16 years old.

I've lived a relatively peaceful life with my parents. There was the occasional fight and argument here and there, but we do resolve the conflict calmly and collectively. However, over the past year, they've been acting rather violent towards me.

My mom is the one that is the worst. She emotionally abuses me: She sends me on guilt trips, and dismisses my anxiety problem as "over-reacting". She also believes I am not asexual and that I just "haven't met the right person yet". I've also told her that I am demi-romantic, and she tells me to "stop making up words".

She yells at me whenever she finds me crying alone in my room. The only healthy way I can cope is through crying. Yet, both of my parents associate crying with babies and I get told to "grow up" when I release all of my pain in a healthy manner. Recently, she started to physically abuse me to the point where I have red marks.

My dad rarely does anything. But, when he does, he gets emotionally abusive and isolates me. He sends me on guilt trips as well, but his are more damaging. He makes me feel bad for not spending time with the family when I'm not in the mood for it. And, as punishment, he takes away my computer- my only safe place from this nightmare.

I spend all day on the computer. My parents try to find ways to make me spend less time on it. But, all they do is make me want to spend less time with them and more time in my safe haven.

All they do is invalidate my feelings and never allow me to explain my side of the story.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Sorry to hear that you are finding it hard to live by your parents rules, finding them unreasonable. Idk remember my desire for more independence and self determination as a teenager caused a lot of parental friction for me too. Things did settle down but remember feeling unhappy and controlled until they did. Wonder if joining a teen support site where you can share your feelings with others with similar issues appeals to you. If you are interested we have some contact numbers listed under the help button in the header.

Hope things settle down for you.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Manya (06-24-2016),Shelter (06-26-2016)

+ Reply to Thread