+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Here And Looking to Continue Recovery

New Here And Looking to Continue Recovery

I'm new to this site. I actually stumbled on this page because one of my counselor's told me to try forums and chat rooms. She feels like it will help with my recovery since I really don't have any family support. I feel so alone all the time, even when people are around me. I go to church yes and I have made some friends there. Sometimes I still feel lonely because I don't feel like I can put my full trust into Anyone. Flesh fails and people fail me all the time.
    I hope that one day it gets better because I'm tired of being disgusted by men in my family. I hope that one day I can feel comfortable again with men and being in a relationship. A healthy relationship.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi Averil...good to have you on board.

No shortage of people here who know what it is like to live with abuse, men, women, older, younger a real diverse range of people. Unfortunately all groups seem to attract this life damaging attention. Hear that your experiences have left you wary of men. Felt the same early on until I realised that I was targeting my fear to all men...realised I had no basis for this...yes my abusers were men, however lots of men are thoroughly decent do not deserve to be stigmatised by me... bit like saying zebras are striped, pyjamas are striped therefore pyjamas are zebras

Looking forward to seeing you when you are about. In the meantime may I offer you a rose?
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

hi

you all seem like grate pp

+ Reply to Thread