+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello, im new to site,

hello, im new to site,

hi, ummm,, new to site new to alot of things,,,
    new day,,, lots to learn hey? im wondering if this is a place where you can learn how to get your society around you?
    kinda answers,,
    seems like a real world change since ive been free and fitting in is crazy. i dont understand how ppl work yah know?lol theeey doooont make sense , atall
    isolating never bothered me before we never felt lonely,,, now?.is just weird.. ,,soooooo,, got any milk for that bucket?/??

hey dajwa

i relate to troubles following what people are saying, sometimes. not sure what exactly you mean about getting your society around you tbh

fort is a peer support group: a bunch of people who have been abused, coming together and talking of how this experience affected our lives and what do we do about the aftermath of this trauma. there are no counselors so about answers - id say theres plenty, and they all contradict each other you pick what works for you and skip the rest. thats the basic idea.

glad youre free, whatever was the story, and hope you integrate back into society smoothly
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

weepingwillow (04-06-2016),ZJ (04-07-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi dajwa

Glad you are back in the community. Had a spell when I was away from people I knew well. Remember when I returned how it took me a while to pick up where I had left off with friends...didn't recognise some of their kids...they had grown like beanstalks during the time I had been away - last saw them as babies and now they were at school. Found it best to take it slowly...give myself time to catchup and rebuild my support and social network. I hope that joining our community helps you as you continue to find your way in your world.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

5. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Manya (04-06-2016),ZJ (04-07-2016)

hi,

oooh ummmm new i mean,,, new,, ive lived over 30 years in a community and now out, got two ppl in a church who helped me out removed me rehoused me retaught me ,and for first years years of freedom i was a wild child,,, talk about not understanding how to use my words ....silly things like,,, now,, nooooo threats of stalking,, if someone is mean to you,, and nooo cutting in front of others when your angry,,,
    6 years!!!!!! of crazy thimking..
    till tthings clicked and im shopping sorta and trying to socialize but flopping terribably i have an art with using words even when i dont know what they meran its like art..
    and people respond to it,, i dont know what it does some times,,
    but today im trying very hard to listen to what i say
    and realize its not just inaminent objects around me,,, its people..
    and its soo
    annnnnny way,, i need some fruit]]

im learning how to think for myself.
    and i have discovered im a person
    its very new
    soooooooooooo

thats what i mean,,,,,hats the milk in my bucket.

waving

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Hi dajwa

Glad you are back in the community. Had a spell when I was away from people I knew well. Remember when I returned how it took me a while to pick up where I had left off with friends...didn't recognise some of their kids...they had grown like beanstalks during the time I had been away - last saw them as babies and now they were at school. Found it best to take it slowly...give myself time to catchup and rebuild my support and social network. I hope that joining our community helps you as you continue to find your way in your world.
    i wrote a reply but it was to both of you wasnt sure how to do that

oh i see what you mean now. i agree, its a great approach, to hear yourself speak and to keep in mind that its people youre talking to, not inanimate objects. i think many people forget it, and many conflicts can be resolved by just this awareness alone

ps: threads are group discussions, we all respond to the conversation, no need to address anyone specific
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

9. The following user says thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (04-06-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Get the trouble with words thing...sometimes when I read what I have written/hear what I have just said I think "sheesh that doesn't say what I mean" have to go back and correct it.

Like you I love words, using words like paint, my more abstract word pictures...colourful...disconnected. Meaningful to me their creator but incomprehensible to others.

For you some oranges, apples and milk for your bucket
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Manya (04-06-2016),ZJ (04-07-2016)

+ Reply to Thread