+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diane

diane77 Guest

diane

In a abusive relationship... He controls my life and were i go and if i chat to another man he thinks im cheating ... If i dont clean the house or cook his food or even make him a cup of tea he goes mad and calls me names and puts me down ... Im not well right now because ve got the flu and joint pain and i suffer with bad depression he turns around and says im putting it on ... He puts me down about my race because im mixed race and about my weight... The other week my uncle die and turns around and says if i go to the funeral dont come back or because its up in london he says i cont go .... I dont know what to do

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    diane...I am so sorry that your partner is treating you in such a harsh way. No one deserves that...like everyone it is your right to be treated with respect...not demeaned and ordered a bout. Can't tell you what to do...only you can make that decision. However do feel for you...have been in a similar situation helped me to contact my locl women's shelter...they helped me to look at my options including sharing info on support out there for women in my situation.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Also sorry you had the flu and hope you are feeling better from that. My boyfriend does a lot of the same things as your partner. I finally decided I didn't want to live the rest of my life that way and made him move out when things turned physical, but we are still together. It wasn't until I hit my breaking point and was okay with losing him, that I was able to find the strength to make this decision. I tried telling him how the name calling and degrading comments made me feel so many times, but he never seemed to get it or care until I was willing to walk away. I felt like I was walking on eggshells every day and it just wore away at me till I felt so low and sad and not even like myself anymore. We are going to start seeing a couples counselor and I am hoping it will change things. I have never seen a counselor before and feel a bit nervous but I don't know what else to do.

+ Reply to Thread