+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird body stuff, questions and coping

Weird body stuff, questions and coping

So. Been trying to figure myself out or at least get things in order for a little while. I've noted some weird things. I will occasionally notice I woke up with weird marks on me that weren't there when I went to sleep. It's just me. No one else here. Sometimes they're in places I can't reach, like my back, so I don't think I am doing this in my sleep. Also, weird stuff happens for no discernable medical reason. Lately this has been focused on my feet. I feel buzzing, tapping, shocking at points. My feet are swollen. Yes my doctor knows. No medical reason. What is that? I kinda know but I'm still in denial most of the time about DID and how I fit that.

The sensations range from notable to annoying to agonizing. The medical stuff follows suit.

Or, what do you do when your body is doing its own thing and you don't like it?

2. The following user says thank you to sarahbright for this useful post:

Jane (02-01-2016)

Kindness & hugs.
    Hear you Sarah.

I also tend to experience my past abuse as body memories...like you this can result in my body reacting as though the trauma I am remebering is occurring in real time, causing aches, bruises etc. My T tells me these symptoms are the result of early memories stored in a primitive part of my brain. That the way forward is to surface and process them...not an easy task as they do not tend to have images or narratives associated with them. It has helped me to work with a T who is trained in this field of therapy.

I hope what I have shared helps.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

I have body memories as well. I haven't really learned a way to deal with them other than accept them and note the information they give me. Wish I could be of more help.

+ Reply to Thread