+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anxiety problems

Unhappy Anxiety problems

I'm having issues with anxiety, triggered by upcoming exams. This anxiety is also triggering nightmares, and flashbacks, and increasing my anxiety about my ex partner. I've tried budgeting my time, making plans with other (though I end up flaking), doing more physical activity, eating junk food, and trying to be mindful. Any other tips for handling anxiety?

Affection
    hugs an bein nise is ok
    Hi Reuilding,

Sorry your having a rough time. When I get really anxious I have an extremely hard time staying present and on task. What helps me sometimes is write out a list. Well, 2 lists actually.

List 1 is the things i need to do. Study, grocery shop, pay bills, cook, laundry...
    List 2 is a worry list. Evey worry that's running through my head making me anxious gets briefly noted. (usually a code word representing the worry)

If it stays in my head it just goes round and round. If I write things down it somehow makes it concrete. I carry the lists with me most of the time. If go back to worrying and stressing over something and it's on the list i remind myself, it's on the list I'll get to it.

It somehow helps me. I tend to sometimes consistently re-evaluate and check the list but just having it written down gives some relief.

Welcome to The Fort.
    Cover
    (a.k.a. Cover)

3. The following user says thank you to Ducks for this useful post:

Dawn A (12-19-2015)

anxiety problems

I just finished practicing guitar and in the middle of playing I started to hear my abusive ex step dad berating me and I also recalled how I injured my shins at a park when I was 15 years old and how he mocked me as I moaned in pain. Telling me that only babies cry and that I'm a baby who wants his mommy when I was seriously hurt. My shins smashed up against concrete it was excruciating and he stood there telling me to not make any noise and suffer in silence like a man. I should have received medical attention but I was considered a piece of crap. This memory and hundreds of others pop up in my mind without my control everyday of my miserable life sometimes more sometimes less. I cant wait for him to die because then he can't abuse me anymore. However, the damage he did to me is so severe that even if he was to die today the abuse he did to me will survive in my mind until the day I die. Through therapy I hope to diminish the damage until I can resolve it. And that's just one of many abusers that surround my life. All of my so called friends are now just ex friends and I don't think they ever were real friends just party associates because I can't remember the last time any of them spend time with me with out drugs or alcohol or a party environment was present. Finding true friend for me is difficult people are extremely judgmental and criticize me all thre time. I gets to the point where I don't hang out with anyone ever. I am extremely isolated to protect myself from society. I have a protective bubble around me at all times . People in this country seemed to be interested only in themselves and pretentiousness prevails. People seem so phony and betray me almost as a regular habit. I am not paranoid at all I checked with my psychiatrist he mentioned a study where people have been regularly found to be more immoral and depraved than they were decades ago. Psychoneural therapy has helped with my anxiety and I also stopped watching t.v. and started to listen to soothing music. That's all I have energy to write for now . Thank you all for reading and good luck.

I'm sorry that you had to go through all that Max, I'm here for you.

+ Reply to Thread