+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to deal with being abused as a child? Never told anyone it happened

Unregistered Guest

How to deal with being abused as a child? Never told anyone it happened

How do you deal with being sexually abused and raped as a child? I can't remember how old I was, as it happened frequently. I never told my parents as I was so scared my Father wouldn't believe me and that my Mother would stop me seeing my Father. They had separated since I was a baby, and I used to visit him every other weekend. His Wife had a son the same age as me and used to sneak into my bed at night. I couldn't fight much or make noise because his little sister was either in the bunk below or would be in the bed next to me. I was so scared if I told someone and they didn't believe me that they would be disgusted by the words that would come out of my mouth. and how do you say those words? I still can't. He was a lot stronger than me and was unbelievably good at putting on a show infront of his mum and my dad. I didn't have anyone to talk to and my realationship with my mother was non-existent and my father would constantly be in and out of my life. In the end I pretended it wasn't real, it wasn't happening and never did. Although now i find myself trying to forget, pushing those oh so unwanted thoughts and images out of my head, but i can't. I can't talk to family, no one to this day knows. I can't talk to my partner especially the graphics of it all. I can't even think it through my head because its just too unbearable. I get flashes of memories and horrible reminders and in the moment i seize up and cry because I'm back there. I feel like Im stuck, either opening up old wounds or is it possible to forget these monstrous memories? Ive tried chat websites one on one with a councillor but I just can't type the words, I can't talk about it. I need help, please help?

Affection
    Hugs, flowers, coffee, e.t.c. - good
    Hi,
    Sorry this all took place in your life, it is a terrible tragedy. I also experienced sa as a child and little by little I am processing it. Perhaps u took the first step by just writing it out, even that was super hard for me in the beginning. I also reached out to a t to help me walk through it. I know it can be super intimidating, and I don't know what your circumstances are, but a t may be useful to u. Thanks for stopping by
    Though I walk through the darkest valley, I will not fear for you are with me.

There is no bravery, except in the face of real fear.

*I am here sporadically atm, due to health issues. If you p.m. me, I may not see it right away. So, don't feel bad, I will respond, but it might take a few days. To get a quicker response, please go to the "speak to mod" section.

+ Reply to Thread