+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lost

Unregistered Guest

lost

I've never posted to one of these and really never imagined I would. Until 3 days ago. I am a 39 year old male and like I said three days ago things went bad. For what ever reason I was thinking of an old high school girlfriend when memories of something else came into my head. It was from when I was about 14. I didn't think much of it. It had been 25 years ago and I had pushed that so far back in my head it was totally forgotten. I couldnt get that out of my head. The worst part was as day two and three hit, more and more of it was coming back. I am lost. Like I said I have never posted anything before and not sure what to say except I just feel lost. It is so overwhelming it crushes me. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong spot.

Affection
    hugs and kisses,but mind the feathers please.
    Hi lost
    many here will understand how you are feeling at the moment. Like you,I never thought I would sign up for a site like Fort but I'm actually really glad I did. I have found only kindness and understanding here despite me having often strange and distressing memory gaps.
    The library here is full of useful information which may help you understand a little more of what you are going through.
    I hope this helps you and if you decide to register on Fort will look forward to meeting you again around the many forums here.
    xxxx M
    " A person's a person no matter how small" Horton the Elephant.
    "Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast" Lewis Carroll,Alice In Wonderland.

3. The following user says thank you to eagle22 for this useful post:

Jane (03-16-2015)

in a magical place full of toys and candy
    Affection
    high fives and hugs is fine with us
    im sorry that something triggered you to think about bad memories. bad memories are hard to deal with. i hope that the triggers will fade and you wont be bothered by lotsa memories getting to you.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi glad you have stepped in.

I am sorry that you are starting to recall tough stuff from your past...like you my mind suppressed a lot of the incidents that happened to me. Think this was a survival thing...enabled me to get on with my life. Eventually however memories began to resurface. At first I doubted the truth of what I was recalling...however I had scars on my body from intentionally inflicted injuries that with other evidence proved that they were indeed true.

Idk if you have considered working with a trauma therapist. Doing this really helped me to get my head round and process the wrong that was done to me.

For you.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Affection
    No Prayers or Bible Verses. Hugs OK.
    You're very strong for reaching out as you have. It takes bravery and strength to reach out.
    It's very scary when things start to surface or when you have "realizations". I've been there and so have many others here.
    This is a wonderful place of support and understanding. I'm supporting you 100% and am listening.
    C.C. - Most concrete - little (possibly age slider)
    Rage - Seething and angry, protector
    Chantel - Middle to Adolescent
    Vixen - Strong, s*xual, and sensual
    Miss Spacey - Base layer, always seems to be present when dissociative, I think she causes the dissociation
    MotherMii - Motherly and nurturing
    The Fixer - Wants to please everyone and fix everything
    Scared One - Small feeling, fearful

Affection
    surviving on hugs these days
    im so sorry that you are struggling right now with experiencing memories flooding back to you. that is really hard when suddently remembering things from the past you have forgotten. sometimes things are blocked out and are blocked for awhile. sometimes they come back and its hard when they do. hope it helped to write about this on here. listening.

ashley
    moondreams
    many of us, one body all we have is our dreams
    with now... rainbowdreams, alliecat, lunateen, catramoon and theothermoon
    people you may see... ashley, allie, luna, michelle, mic, katelin destiny, kelly, our person (cat), sarah, julia, ray, alexia, amy, kita, bella, alice, mirra, and more

+ Reply to Thread