+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fled Domestic Abuse.

Unregistered Guest

Fled Domestic Abuse.

Recently I was able to flee my partner, it was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do in my life even though it was to save myself. The things he did to me was horrible and unimaginable and even now is so hard to accept that someone you love so much could do something so aweful and horrible to you, someone who is meant to be your best friend. So I came here hoping I could have a safe place to talk about this.

Thank you, Avel.

Affection
    surviving on hugs these days
    im sorry that you have been through that. I understand its hard to deal with but im glad that you got away. I hope you start to feel better soon.

ashley
    moondreams
    many of us, one body all we have is our dreams
    with now... rainbowdreams, alliecat, lunateen, catramoon and theothermoon
    people you may see... ashley, allie, luna, michelle, mic, katelin destiny, kelly, our person (cat), sarah, julia, ray, alexia, amy, kita, bella, alice, mirra, and more

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi Avel...

Like you I really struggled to get my head round my partner's not ok treatment towards me...never managed to do this.

Working with a therapist helped...enable me to see that I was not responsible for his behaviour...could not 'make' him change. In the end I decided that I was in a no win situation and decide to walk away. Was hard - like all people he was not all bad, nor all good...plenty about him that I missed, however with time and work I was able to get things in perspective...to see and accept that our relationship as it was not what I wanted or deserved.

For you as you face this tough phase in your life.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

4. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

Nikki 2 (12-10-2015)

+ Reply to Thread