+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second time I'm being abused

Unregistered Guest

Second time I'm being abused

I was in a 7 year relationship and being abused in every sense of the word. I had the courage to leave that terrible time and I found love again. He drinks too much and becomes verbally abusive. Last Sunday he punched the fridge I purchased and tore the framed picture of my 3 month old and him off the wall, smashed it and ripped the picture up. Then when I went to leave he threw furniture in the lounge and grabbed my left arm and pulled me away from my son by my hair. I am trying to get passed it but can't. I feel like a fool for staying and for believing he won't go to that extreme again.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    I am so sorry that your partner is treating you so violently...no one has the right to treat you like this.

It is really important that you get your son to safety. In most states it is a non-negotiable parental responsibility to do whatever is needed to create a safe nurturing environment for your minor children. If you fail to do this and the authorities become aware of your situation you as well as your abusive spouse could be charged with child endangerment.

I don't know if you have family support or anyone you can turn to in 3d to help you get away from this dangerous man...if not in a similar situation I turned to staff at my local Women's Shelter...they helped me to develop a plan to get myself and my child to safety and also provided me with information on the resources out there for woman in my situation.

For you.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

+ Reply to Thread