+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help please :(

help please :(

im on here because i need anyone to talk to. Im actually disgusted at how desperate a plea this is... i googled advice for people with eating disorders and somehow ended up on here. Im not even sure i have an eating disorder. Basically, im at university and i cant talk to my friends here as they dont understand. I just ate a pack of 1500 cal biscuits and 500 cal of chocolate and some bread as well as my usual 350 cal diet. and im at 3000 today but i burned 1000 cal at the gym.. so technically im at 2000 intake. But i know its bad and im so scared about gaining weight. Im already slim but its taken absolute will power and starvation to get here. I was always chunky and food fills a gap that i dont even know why its there. If i knew why i eat to feel better i would fix it haha! But it doesnt make me feel better... obviously because i FREAK OUT whenever i eat. So i starve myself and work out and then i feel drained and tired and starving so i eat again. Im finally skinny, but i think ive gained some weight this past month and ive just lost control. I weighed 8 stone 2 last time i checked and im 5 foot 5. i Know thats not anorexic. But this cant be normal, im not saying im super thin or even deserving of actual medical help or the time of a professional, but when your alone with this for long periods of time it makes you feel so scared so if anyone can think of anything i can do. please help me.

god that made no sense. sorry.
    thank you,
    xxx
    lonelystudent

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    Welcome to Fort! I do not have an ED myself, but there is a section here for that, and there are other members here to talk to. I have found this to be a very supportive place, and I hope you find the support you need here too.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

Affection
    A HUG this Big!
    Welcome to Fort. People do have a tendency to gain some weight at school. Your concerns about it mean you should talk. It's a good and brave thing to recognize when you may have a problem.

I hope you find what you need here.
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself,'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Affection
    surviving on hugs these days
    welcome to the fort. theres a section in here about eating disorders. also i dont know the answer but i think you should talk to someone about it. hope you find what you are looking for here.

ashley
    moondreams
    many of us, one body all we have is our dreams
    with now... rainbowdreams, alliecat, lunateen, catramoon and theothermoon
    people you may see... ashley, allie, luna, michelle, mic, katelin destiny, kelly, our person (cat), sarah, julia, ray, alexia, amy, kita, bella, alice, mirra, and more

Affection
    :sp
    First off you are deserving of professional and medical help. Essentially what I get from what you said is that you binge eat from time to time. With your fixation on your caloric intake and your weight consciousness I'd assume your own your way to bulimia or may already be a non-purging bulimic if you hit the gym like that after a binging episode to excessively exercise off those calories. You made alot of sense and I hear exactly what you are saying. I encourage you to immeadiately seek treatment from a medical professional. Eating disorders are very dangerous. I'm very worried for your health after reading this.

Affection
    Hugs are always excepted~! :)
    Welcome to the fort. You will find support here for sure. As has already been stated, there is a section on eating dissorders. I gree with joe, you deserve professional help and maybe someone here will make you comfortable enough to reach out. Welcome and make yourself at home.

bjj

+ Reply to Thread