+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-harming - unwanted urges

I also used to self harm... You need to find a reason to stop, maybe for a friend, family member, or a loved one, if not for yourself. Tell someone you trust, and they can help you.

Affection
    Hugs or ok sometimes.
    I used to self harm when I was a teenager up untell I was around 19. I havent cutt since then and am 27 now. I had to find other ways of letting my pain and anger out other then harming myself. I found things that would make my brain change thought and turn it away from the thought of SI. I also was going to t and they helped me work it out also.

Affection
    Hugs=Awesomeness
    i have been self harming for 4 years now. its still an ongoing thing, but i've recently started to want to get better
    Come With Us Now On A Journey Through Time And Space

Unregistered Guest

*TW: SI* Please Help

I first started cutting when I was thirteen. Since then I have suffered from sever depression, numerous family deaths and serious illnesses, and an abusive relationship. I am trying so hard to stop self harming, but cannot seem to break the habit. I have tried many ideas to no avail. it is said that happiness is a choice. Hearing this only makes me feel worse, I make every effort to be happy but cannot find peace. I would greatly appreciate any advice offered. I am lost and starting to lose hope. Please help me!

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    I don't know if I agree that happiness is a choice, if that were the case I think everyone would be happy. I'm sorry to hear that life is so hard for you right now. We do have several hotlines available here -- http://www.fortrefuge.com/hotlines.html depending on what issue you are dealing with, you may be able to find some help through there. If you are over 16 you are also welcome to register and join the support community here.

I wish you luck and peace.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

6. The following user says thank you to weepingwillow for this useful post:

theredmarker (04-27-2013)

Affection
    no hugs please
    u just have to take it day by day and urge by urge. one thing that been working for me right now is that i tell myself i can not c*t today i can tomorrow but not today. if u say that everyday then tomorrow will not come, its always today. i am starting to realize what my triggers are and i get myself from the situation maybe u can try that also.

8. The following user says thank you to Robin for this useful post:

weepingwillow (05-03-2013)

Unregistered Guest

:/

I want to stop cutting... but I can't ...

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    It is a hard thing to stop. Especially if it's a coping mechanism that has worked for you in the past and you don't have new ones to rely on. The biggest thing for me has been coming up with new coping mechanisms to replace the self injury with.

Here are some distractions that may be helpful to you, I've used several of them myself. http://www.fortrefuge.com/SI-Distractions.html

Here are some more links and the hotline 1-800-dont cut may also be useful for you. http://www.fortrefuge.com/SI-SH.html

If you're an abuse survivor over 16, you're also very welcome to register and receive support through the forums and chat as well.

I wish you luck and strength in your attempt to quit. If you have to do it one minute at a time, you're still doing it.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

Affection
    no hugs please
    i agree with weeping willow. i had to find new coping skills and i have 19 days so far and i will keep working at it every day

12. The following user says thank you to Robin for this useful post:

weepingwillow (05-07-2013)

Affection
    Hugs and cuddling always cheer me up (:
    I agree with you. I know that I am unhappy and I know all the pain I am putting myself through but sadly I can't stop. People said it was an addiction but I didn't listen.. Message me if you ever need to talk about anything

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast