+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments from those not yet registered here!!

Unregistered Guest

help

i have an account and i really want to chat but i cant because i havent made a post for the mods to look at yet. im too scared to post anything - what can i post which wont make me sound like an idiot? there are so many different topics and even in the newbie bit it has so many threads and i dont know what to write - i find it really hard socially and i dont want anyone to judge me that i cant post - feeling stupid :(

Affection
    hugs and kisses,but mind the feathers please.
    hello and welcome to Fort.

When I joined I just posted a hello in the newbie section...you don't have to go into details..just write a couple of lines .You don't have to include any details,or speak of stuff you prefer not to.
    Just click on start a new thread...and away you go!
    Hope to meet you soon
    xxxx M

ps I just titled mine "hi"
    " A person's a person no matter how small" Horton the Elephant.
    "Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast" Lewis Carroll,Alice In Wonderland.

3. The following user says thank you to eagle22 for this useful post:

weepingwillow (12-14-2014)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi hear you. Probably the easiest way to go is to post into newbies. Just a paragraph or so introducing yourself and anything else you wish to share.

Not wanting to put words into your mouth but here is an example of the type of thing I posted as my intro message.

Hi this is my first time joining an on-line community. I am feeling very, very nervous about posting my first message. I find it hard to talk to people face to face about the tough stuff I have lived through and the issues I am still dealing with. I am hoping that it will not be so hard to open up here to others who also know what it is like to live with abuse and its tough after effects. I am looking forward to being able to use the chat rooms and to connecting with other members.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

For you
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Unregistered Guest

:)

thank u jane, it means a lot for you to help me

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Glad to help. Looking forward to seeing your intro post - approving it...getting to know you. Until then a big hi-five for you.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

7. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

weepingwillow (12-14-2014)

Unregistered Guest

thanks

thank u eagle, i never saw ur post im sorry

thanks for the advice

Unregistered Guest

Umm hi

I'm not sure whether to join the site or not. I've kept what I've been through locked up inside me for around 8 years. My situation to me is very different to all the ones I've seen here and not really as serious in my head. I'm scared to talk to others about this but I also think maybe I'm just doing pretty ok cause I've convinced myself that I'm alright and it's no big deal. I think maybe I feel like I'm ok but I'm not really and I'm only just starting to acknowledge that. I want to help myself and forget about all this and move on and maybe this will help but I'm not sure. I've just been conditioned all this time to keep this a secret and it feels weird to even consider this.

Tasha1701D is offline Fort Security Chief & Stargazer
    Affection
    Penguins & hugs work, no prayers or religious refs
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not sure whether to join the site or not. I've kept what I've been through locked up inside me for around 8 years. My situation to me is very different to all the ones I've seen here and not really as serious in my head. I'm scared to talk to others about this but I also think maybe I'm just doing pretty ok cause I've convinced myself that I'm alright and it's no big deal. I think maybe I feel like I'm ok but I'm not really and I'm only just starting to acknowledge that. I want to help myself and forget about all this and move on and maybe this will help but I'm not sure. I've just been conditioned all this time to keep this a secret and it feels weird to even consider this.
    For me, the decision to join a support group was because my life and my functioning were being impaired by the abuse I had gone through. It left a huge impact on me--affecting my personal life, my work life, my emotional stability, and left me with various mental health issues as well--and trying to recover from the aftermath was something I realized I couldn't really do alone any more. Like you, I had been told repeatedly to keep everything a secret that I had been through, but at the time I knew I needed support--my efforts alone weren't effective really--and so realizing that helped me to decide to look for support, both online and in 3D. I don't think I woulda wanted to look for support if I didn't feel I had some kinda aftermath, some kinda impaired functioning that I was trying to repair/recover from. What I did before deciding where I was gonna join was just looked around at the various site pages, like the library we have here at Fort, browsed around the site, and just tried to find if it fit with what I was looking for, with my idea of what was supportive and was gonna help me or not. You're more than welcome to look around the library, this guests forum, and other areas of the site to see what it's like here. Fort's open to anyone who has been or still is being abused who wants to talk with other survivors about the aftermath and efforts to heal from the trauma abuse leaves. I hope that you find the support you're looking for, both online and in 3D. for you.
    ~Tasha

May you have peace, live long, and prosper.

"On the starship Enterprise, no one is alone." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in The Bonding, ST:TNG Season 3
    "Seize the time, Meribor-live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard as Kamin in The Inner Light, ST:TNG Season 5

11. The following user says thank you to Tasha1701D for this useful post:

Jane (12-31-2014)

still breathing Guest

fear

I have never sought support like this, but in stumbling onto this sight, I'm very interested in registering and participating. You have addressed safety issues in a really clear way. I am very paranoid about being "found". I am not particularly computer savy, but I know that finding people using their email addresses is not out of the question. RA is part of my history and I am afraid to use my email address for this reason. It is probably a foolish fear. I don't even know what to ask about it and as I write, I realize you can't assure me of any safety. I'm sure I'm not the first person with this sort of concern and I wonder if there is any information you could give me to assuage my fears. I don't know what I don't know so I don't even know what I'm asking for. Thanks.

hey still breathing

on one hand, your email address, date of birth, and ip are treated as private, confidential information. mods/admins have access to it, but we cant share it with anyone unless required by law. so nobody on site except for mods/admins would know what your email is (unless you tell them yourself).

on another hand, you can have more than one email address. can just go to gmail.com and open another email account, that wouldnt have your personal info on it, and that you can use for anonymous sites like fort.

hope this helps
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

14. The following 6 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

eagle22 (03-05-2015),Jane (03-05-2015),kailima (03-06-2015),lunateen (03-05-2015),Sunshinegang (10-16-2015),weepingwillow (03-06-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast