+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments from those not yet registered here!!

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    I just took this questionnaire and it showed percentages for each of the four factors at the end. Does anyone know how that percentage is computed, since a scale of 1-5 is used for the items? I'd love to know how the test arrives at 30% for PA. 30% of what?

jayb
    Went on-line and found this pdf talks bout the test's validity

pmbcii.psy.cmu.edu/core_c/Buss_Perry_Aggression_Questionnaire.pdf‎ (unfortunately did not hyperlink...but tested the link and it works if you cut and paste it into your (I used google) search engine)

...hope it answers your questions...if not there are more scholarly articles about this test on line - or mayhap you could request a copy of Buss and Perry's original research/publication through your local library.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

2. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

weepingwillow (03-10-2014)

Unregistered Guest

i applied last nite

to be a registered member but nothing is showing in the in box. does it take a while or is yahoo messing around again?

Tasha1701D is offline Fort Security Chief & Stargazer
    Affection
    Penguins & hugs work, no prayers or religious refs
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    to be a registered member but nothing is showing in the in box. does it take a while or is yahoo messing around again?
    Might wanna check your spam folder, yahoo might have sent it there.
    ~Tasha

May you have peace, live long, and prosper.

"On the starship Enterprise, no one is alone." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in The Bonding, ST:TNG Season 3
    "Seize the time, Meribor-live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard as Kamin in The Inner Light, ST:TNG Season 5

Unregistered Guest
    i checked it lastnight but will attempt to check again. the android yahoo is the pits
    ty wil go see

Affection
    i checked it lastnight but will attempt to check again. the android yahoo is the pits
    ty wil go see
    Cool beans. If that doesn't work, you can email admin@fortrefuge.com for additional help.
    ~Tasha

"On the starship Enterprise, no one is alone." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in The Bonding, ST:TNG Season 3
    "Seize the time, Meribor-live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard as Kamin in The Inner Light, ST:TNG Season 5

7. The following user says thank you to Tasha1701D for this useful post:

weepingwillow (05-15-2014)

Unregistered Guest
    its not there either and as a former owner of a group and mod of another, i promise i am no scammer. i just need a place to go where im not alone in this weird world we live in
    vi

ty i sent a reply

Unregistered Guest

Recovering

I got out of an abusive relationship over a year ago, but I'm still traumatized and my ex has continued to create drama via other people. I'm scared all the time, not knowing when I'll run into one of his friends. The whole experience left me really isolated so there's no one here I can tell my side of the story to. So I'm thinking about moving to another city.

Anyway, I looked through the boards and it looks like this site is designed for people currently in abusive relationships? Is there support for survivors too?

Affection
    So sorry to hear about the abuse that brought you here. I've found that, in addition to the therapy I do with my T, talking to ppl just like me who have been abused and are working to recover from the trauma has been very helpful as I try to heal from the abuse I went through. In fact, I'd say quite a few of us are out of our situations, and working on recovery. We came here to talk of the trauma we experienced during our abuse and what we're trying to do to recover from the aftermath we experienced. for you. Welcome to register if you feel the peer support you'd find here would be helpful for you.
    ~Tasha

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Tasha1701D for this useful post:

Jane (08-19-2014),weepingwillow (08-11-2014)

Unregistered Guest

my life

I live with my sister and her boyfriend and my neice but my sister is emotionally abusive to me she puts me down all the time I've started cutting but i don't know how to get out of it I'm 16 its only two more years but i dont think i can last so long

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    I live with my sister and her boyfriend and my neice but my sister is emotionally abusive to me she puts me down all the time I've started cutting but i don't know how to get out of it I'm 16 its only two more years but i dont think i can last so long
    You're welcome to join the forum here and discuss these things with the other members. We're a peer support group for dealing with aftermath of abuse. Cutting and other self injurious behavior is pretty common, it seems. Sorry to hear you are dealing with that, and what you are going through at home.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

14. The following 2 users say thank you to weepingwillow for this useful post:

Jane (11-16-2014),Manya (11-16-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast