+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How did you find us?

Unregistered Guest

How did you find us?

Tonight, I was overwhelmed. I live in the Northwoods, far from help and isolated. I researched “online support” on FireFox Focus (anonymous browser) and found this awesome site. I’ve been reading it for hours.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi glad you found us - find the info and support available here helpful. If you are over 16 and away from your abuser (in the recovery stage of your journey) you're very welcome to come join us - register.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Off for a while. Searching for the end of the tangle that is my life

Affection
    No prayers, please
    I believe we found you through recommendation on another support forum. So glad we took the leap and joined!

4. The following user says thank you to dreamers for this useful post:

Jane (11-30-2017)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamers View Post
    ...So glad we took the leap and joined!
    Real glad you did too
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Unregistered Guest

how I found you

[QUOTE=Lala;162060][COLOR="indigo"]I am curious to those who are just now coming across the Fort and for those who are already registered here:

How did you find us?

Did someone recommend you here or maybe a random search on something abuse related or perhaps something totally UNRELATED to our theme but the site caught your attention anyway?

I used to come here when the site was first formed. I am Mitote. I am having trouble logging in/registering. I am just in need of some friendship/talking

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    and welcome back. If you email admin@fortrefuge.com with some info it may be possible to find your old account. I hope that helps.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

Affection
    I love hugs and all things positive :)
    I found the Fort through a google search while looking for resources for RA survivors.
    "I'm still a kid at heart. Really, I have the mentality-and sense of humor of a 14 year old boy." Cameron D.

9. The following user says thank you to noelleygirl for this useful post:

weepingwillow (03-12-2018)

Unregistered Guest
    Searching the web for anything to help escape... can't make phone calls. Am trapped & found this site.

Please. Need help. Please.

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi unregistered - hear you - your urgent wish to get some support. Just need to point out that fort is a peer group - made up of survivors - people who have moved away from their abusers and are now looking for a place to share and be with other in the same situation - to discuss their issues and pool ideas and such as they work on their healing. Bottom line is we do not have any experts here and are not able to offer acute or crisis care. We do however have a list of agencies who may be able to help you listed under our help tag in the header. Other thing you can do is contact your local medical centre or heath care provider.

only have your brief details to go on - however if you are no longer in a crisis situation - are away from your abuser...but struggling to get back on track with your life you are welcome to join our community. To do this click on the guidelines tab in the header - have a read and if you feel this site will work for you complete and submit our online membership application form. If you decide that this is the route you want to take you can then submit an intro post into the welcome or another folder which once approved will activate your membership.

I hope the information I have provided helps you to get the support you need.

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

eagle22 (04-23-2018),weepingwillow (04-22-2018)

I found this site after having moved from the state I lived in previously & where I had been in therapy, off & on for most of my life. So when I got settled in my new state, which was emotionally difficult for me, I wanted to find an online therapist to speak with on occasion. I did some research & here I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920