+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find us?

I am having a really bad night... week really. I did an online search for a support chat for self injurers.. I found you.

I pretty much just pushed away the only friend I have to talk to when I have the urge to injure myself, because I'm so tired of hurting him with my issues.

I was hoping to be able to sit and chat with people who might understand, and distract myself from how I feel right now...

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    A bing search for SI/mental health chat.
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -- Robin Williams
    "Don't be afraid of the shadows, that only means there's a light nearby." -- Evanescence
    "So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are." -- Three Days Grace
    "But I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you tell yourself to make yourself forget." -- Counting Crows
    "Our brains are sick, but that's OK!"
    "Peace will win and fear will lose."

"And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it, and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    "It ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat!" -- twenty øne piløts |-/

Affection
    love affection from the right people!...hugs are great :D
    i found use on google when i typed in abused survivors the one and this look the best glad i found it

How I found you

I searched up eating disorder chat rooms on google, i really need someone to talk to and i hope this will be a good place to start

Affection
    smiles

how i found you

i was searching for a site like this i was out of my mind i wanted some support since i dont have the guts to tell my family so i needed a site like this.....

Affection
    Surviving on hugs and kind words.
    I person with DID on YouTube recommended this site in one of her videos, and so I checked it out and here I am. I don't think I would have found it otherwise and I'm really glad I did. Here I can talk to people who understands things that no one else does, people just gets me here.
    Lacedwings: Manda, Ellen, Rin, Louie, Hanna, Indigo, Samuel, Kenzie, Maia.

In love with tea, books, writing, going for walks, sleeping and finding beauty in the little things.

“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”

Affection
    Hugs=Awesomeness
    recomendation from another user whom i know in real life
    Come With Us Now On A Journey Through Time And Space

I was lost

It is Christmas Day, I have no family, my abuser got out of jail on Friday, and I am scared. I just did not want to be alone, so I searched yahoo.

Affection
    Virtual hugs are good, but terms of endearment tend to make me queasy. lol
    I actually found the Fort quite on accident! I had just been diagnosed with DID and had NO idea what that meant. So, being the good 21st century child that I am. I GOOGLED. I stumbled across a photo collage that someone had done depicting themself as they look/feel when different alters are out. (You can see the picture, done by Samantha, in the Fort Library here: http://www.fortrefuge.com/survivors-art.php ) I found this fascinating and courageous. It helped me feel like maybe I could still have a life and be multiple. And I wanted to know how that could be achieved.... at first I was too nervous to actually sign up for forums. I wanted to chat, somewhere I didn't feel any commitment or loyalty, just test the waters and have the freedom to leave without my name being on any sort of "members" list. And back in the day, the chat was separate from the forums so I could do that. But I got hooked And about a month later I signed up for forums. I actually have found the most release and freedom in being able to post in forums, though chat is an excellent way to build and reinforce some amazing friendships I have developed here and get some immediate feedback. I seriously don't know how I would have survived this healing journey I'm on had it not been for the Fort. My Fort Family has been one of the most frequently used tools in my survival toolbox!!

BrokenAngel

~Honorary Member of the Troll Patrol~

Affection
    Knufs (means hugs in Dutch) and handshakes, Lils like smiles and rainbows)

Thumbs up

We found you on Google.
    --
    From The Desk of The Butterfly Gang aka PeaceofaPuzzle

"Evil Triumphs When Good Men (or Women) Do Nothing
    ."

The Butterfly Gang Members Are:

Naomi (41 host) +
    Adrian (21 unknown to us but known to others)
    Paul (19 or 20 "mean" protector)
    Jason (16 alter interject...inside *buser...he doesn't come out)
    Aaron (15 or 16 calm protector) +
    Amanda (12 holds one m*mory and is searching for what to believe)
    ColourKid (9 holds most feelings though that is changing) +
    Angela (4 is generally scared, speaks with a whisper

* + means alter is Chr*st*an the rest have no belief structure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast