+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find us?

Affection
    Hugs, cakes & giraffes :D

:)

I typed Sadistic Mother & this site came up, it's changed my life wish I'd found it when I was 18 but 23 years later so glad I'm here. So thankful & joyful.

Affection
    Welcomed x
    I was on a UK site for r**e survivors and people falsely accused of r**e. But to be honest the site was pretty skewed to the falsely accused section. I found this pretty frustrating. Luckily one of the members of that site recommended this site to me and I have never looked back! Thank you Fort
    Sometimes I need to forget what has gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what is next

Affection
    Hugs, always appreciated :)
    I was sat watching a mental health documentary on the BBC. I was already a member of a UK falsely accused and survivors website, along with an American survivors website. Someone on the BBC documentary recommended this site So pleased I watched it, otherwise I would never have found this site.

4. The following user says thank you to Red*Fraggle for this useful post:

Time2heal (01-03-2014)

I did a google search for abuse message boards and this was one of the many that showed up. I'm glad I joined and that it is an active board.

Affection
    hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Lala View Post
    I am curious to those who are just now coming across the Fort and for those who are already registered here:

How did you find us?

Did someone recommend you here or maybe a random search on something abuse related or perhaps something totally UNRELATED to our theme but the site caught your attention anyway?

Interested to hear from you!
    I was online just looking for a helpful place for my problems, i just needed a site to express myself and maybe find some comfort in others words.

no needle in the haystack

I found this by a Google keyword search: chat room for dissociative identity disorder

first thing up was HERE

I'm brands new here Hi

How I found you...Having one of those days and started search for d.v. survivors

I was looking at all the help out there but some how as I read I felt safer and comfortable. After 15 years of trying to forget and repressing th PTSD started over flowing. I called the crisis hot line, helped some then my sister suggested a chat room. Things sure have changed since I looked for a chat room but you seem so down to earth when I started reading the TOA and guidlines. So I had to try somewhere.

Was seeking info

I had a florid decompensation from returning to a book project and was seeking info. For some reason this place felt "safe" . How do you screen for perpetrators ? That is a personal large fear I am working through.

Tasha1701D is online now Fort Security Chief & Stargazer
    Affection
    Penguins & hugs work, no prayers or religious refs
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    How do you screen for perpetrators ? That is a personal large fear I am working through.
    I hear about your worry. Thing is, disclosing our screening methods on a board viewable to everyone (including perps who would be curious about them) would be kinda self defeating though. Glad you're finding Fort helpful.
    ~Tasha

May you have peace, live long, and prosper.

"On the starship Enterprise, no one is alone." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in The Bonding, ST:TNG Season 3
    "Seize the time, Meribor-live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." ~Capt. Jean-Luc Picard as Kamin in The Inner Light, ST:TNG Season 5

Affection
    Hugs are ok online
    jsut wnt to ask jeeves and typed in abuse boards or something like that and this room poped up. kinda new it was safe just the way everything was

12. The following user says thank you to inivisablegirl for this useful post:

Jane (02-01-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast