+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Info on DID

Affection
    Ok with most things, though not insect affection ones & don't cope with blunt criticizing
    We thought integration had taken place in 2006, but some of our other personalities had tricked the host (me) to try and provide what I wanted at the time (Integration - just be one person and no longer MPD or DID as it is referred to now). Found out last year that full integration had not taken place, instead only a few integrated with the host, and is possible that they could split of still as it is possibly not a strong integration. So now feel like we are at the start again, but have found that integration is no longer the most important thing for the host, she would just be happy that we all grow up strong and healed and can help one another to live life. The main focus is to be fully co conscious with one another and to hope treatment will help.

Kind regards The Collective

About integrating

Hello. I'm glad you took the risk of writing about this subject. It's very hard when what we've been doing for a long time stops working well for us.

I was diagnosed with MPD in 1990, before the label DID existed. There were many of us sharing this body. My system had been working very well for over twenty years, but when it stopped working well, everything fell apart. Everything. I couldn't function.

Once I got ahold of an experienced therapist and the MPD diagnosis, we started hearing everyone's stories and working to make everyone inside feel safe and protected. Everyone had a job, a name, and a way to be heard. We had a system that worked well enough to stay alive and do the healing work we needed to do to get well.

For me, becoming "one" was always the target. I figured I was born that way and wanted to get back to that space. I was polyfragmented, so it took some time, about three years. But different parts would make friends and get closer and closer until they didn't want to be separate any more. We created a routine for integrating, and everybody had a part in it. Nobody disappeared or got lost. Nobody was forced. Integrating parts loved each other into merging.

I think it's possible to split again, that once we've created alternates we can always do it again. But I like being one and plan to stay one. It's a lot quieter, that's for sure! At first the quiet was a little lonely, but it was a good trade off. We loved ourselves into oneness.

I hope you find the path that fits you perfectly, like mine fits me. You have choices. I really hope you have a wise therapist to do the healing work with you. Whatever you do, you'll still have all the flavors of you.

Hope this helps!

3. The following 2 users say thank you to FartherUp for this useful post:

CollectiveUk (09-21-2014),weepingwillow (09-20-2014)

Affection
    Just be nice, but no touching please
    For many years our system was a reasonably well functioning and well hidden one. While we did not feel that we should be any other way we did understand that it was not something outsiders would understand. We came to a point in life with some traumatic and debilitating events all rather close together and that caused a "break" in our system's function. My experience with therapy is rather new and my diagnosis is very recent so integration is not a regular subject as of yet. We have had partial co-consciousness for along time but mostly with our out fronts ( our word for the alter in control of our host) but the growing awareness and interaction with others is a newer thing.We are aware now that it has happened all along but in the past it was a far more controlled process. We rather like having others though we are concerned about what they bring with them. We would like a more stable system but at this time we do not want integration. We value ever one very much, even if it may be painful sometimes. Sorry for the long winded response, we are not sure a short explanation was possible though.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

[ Sweets, Zack, Lucas,Jake,Marcus,Night, (lil's) Thomas, Angie, Tommy, Boy, some "inner's" too.]

Thanks

Thanks so much for this, it really helped me reframe the way I think about my diagnosis a bit

6. The following user says thank you to beccaboo for this useful post:

Jane (01-16-2016)

Thanks for the post! It was very interesting to read.
    I was born whole. Through their actions they have broken me. Now I am, and will forever be ashamed, and in pieces.

me

interesting thread

intested

interesting thread

Affection
    I love all but prayers, Not really religious.

This is So important to know, very informative

Thank you for this information..

Does BPD or Borderline Personality play a part in this or no? :)

Thank you!

This is SO helpful! If a friend or relative doesn't understand, I can easily use this for help!
    Thank you

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraMoon View Post
    Thank you for this information..

Does BPD or Borderline Personality play a part in this or no?
    No expert but have not heard of a causal relationship between BPD and DID...however think that it is possible to have more than one mh dx. Several of us here have. It is also posible for a part within a system to have specific medical conditions eg to be agrophobic while others parts remain symptom free.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

13. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

weepingwillow (03-17-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast