+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DID info and issues

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraMoon View Post
    Thank you for this information..

Does BPD or Borderline Personality play a part in this or no?
    No expert but have not heard of a causal relationship between BPD and DID...however think that it is possible to have more than one mh dx. Several of us here have. It is also posible for a part within a system to have specific medical conditions eg to be agrophobic while others parts remain symptom free.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

2. The following user says thank you to Jane for this useful post:

weepingwillow (03-17-2016)

Affection
    I live on hugs.
    Like DID, BPD is known to be caused by childhood abuse. idk what all the stats are, but it's extremely common for someone with BPD to have a background of abuse growing up. imo it's probably because the kids in that environment don't learn how to regulate their emotions, no one is modeling that for them to learn. If I understand correctly the two are co-morbid frequently just because they are caused by similar reasons.

I'm no professional, could be totally wrong. This is just stuff I found while looking into BPD when I was dxed with it.

for anyone that wants them.
    It's time to do it now and do it loud/Killjoys, make some noise!
    Give a cheer for all the broken/Listen here, because it's who we are
    I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love
    My Chemical Romance
    I don't wanna be heard, I want to be listened to.
    Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts, no
    twenty Ýne pilÝts |-/
    You were the song stuck in my head/Every song that I've ever loved
    My childhood spat back out the monster that you see
    If I can live through this/I can do anything
    Fall Out Boy

4. The following user says thank you to weepingwillow for this useful post:

Jane (07-09-2016)

Thank you!

Thank you for posting this! I recently realized I had DID and it is so hard to find such comprehensive info anywhere.

6. The following user says thank you to XxLucxX for this useful post:

Jane (07-09-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxLucxX View Post
    Thank you for posting this! I recently realized I had DID and it is so hard to find such comprehensive info anywhere.
    Hi Luc. Good to have you join us not sure if you have visited out library or DID folder lots of informatiom and interesting conversations on DID and related subjects you may find useful.
    Rest in my arms precious child; cradled and warm. You are safe. The war is over.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. I'm new here but I supposedly have DID. Started therapy over a year ago and the people around me don't really seem to understand any of it. I've lost my husband, quit college my senior year, and now just feel like I've lost my sanity as well. If more people knew what it was, maybe I wouldn't feel so alone.
    Last edited by Jane; 07-25-2016 at 01:48 AM. Reason: edited to remove repeat of original post

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.

George55 Guest

The spouse of some one with DID.

I'm a spouse of a woman with DID's I'm new to the diagnoses and found this thread helpful. The thing I find the hardest is when DID's in link up with major depression. As a spouse you try to help by exposing some of the errors of listening to one or more negative voices within your spouse. It seems to only lead to avoidance of the truth of damaging behaviors and deeper depression. Yes they are under the care of a trIned professional but live at home with me where they should be. It is just that all communications beyond shallow everyday simple ones end up in a confused avoidance fog bank, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by George55 View Post
    As a spouse you try to help by exposing some of the errors of listening to one or more negative voices within your spouse. It seems to only lead to avoidance of the truth of damaging behaviors and deeper depression. Yes they are under the care of a trIned professional but live at home with me where they should be. It is just that all communications beyond shallow everyday simple ones end up in a confused avoidance fog bank, any suggestions?
    truly not trying to be mean, but could it be that exposing her errors is what causes her limiting communication with you to shallow every day stuff? cuz i know it does for me; i have a therapist whom i rely on for reality-checks and for confrontations and challenges and exposure of my mistakes and such. and i have a partner whom i rely on for acceptance, understanding, rooting for me, etc. if my partner constantly confronts me about my errors - whom do i go to for hugs? i dont need two therapists, i need one therapist and one partner. and i need a break from therapy work during the week, a timeout when im just living, cooking dinner, watching netflix, doing dishes, cuddling at night, etc. if this family time is tainted, i get depressed. just like seo's get depressed when they bring their work projects home. cuz home is supposed to be separate from work.
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (08-11-2016),weepingwillow (08-12-2016)

Affection
    Kindness & hugs.
    Hi

My experience is much like manya's.

As a survivor of abuse my coping mechanisims including my DID is triggered by behaviours that replicate those I endured as a child. Especially those that make me feel lesser and rejected. Helps me to stay in my present personality...to be treated like an 'in control of my life and issues' adult. Doesn't mean my partner needs to pussy foot round me... can sure raise issues that my DID is causing her...however works best if she does this in a way that recognises that I am the one (maybe with her support if I ask for it) who is responsible for (and the only one who can) change my behaviour and if I have problems doing this? Well that's what I have a therapist for.

Hope what I have shared helps.

14. The following 4 users say thank you to Jane for this useful post:

AnyWoman (09-30-2016),Manya (08-11-2016),purpleclouds (08-13-2016),weepingwillow (08-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Hi

My experience is much like manya's.

As a survivor of abuse my coping mechanisims including my DID is triggered by behaviours that replicate those I endured as a child. Especially those that make me feel lesser and rejected. Helps me to stay in my present personality...to be treated like an 'in control of my life and issues' adult. Doesn't mean my partner needs to pussy foot round me... can sure raise issues that my DID is causing her...however works best if she does this in a way that recognises that I am the one (maybe with her support if I ask for it) who is responsible for (and the only one who can) change my behaviour and if I have problems doing this? Well that's what I have a therapist for.

Hope what I have shared helps.
    Is it possible to have DID without childhood abuse?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast