+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registering on Fort

Lala is offline ╰დ╮Reformatting❤ Me╭დ╯
    Affection
    Hugs are nice!

Smile Registering on Fort

Frequently asked in emails and private:

1. What do you do with my email and who sees it?
    When you register, your email is checked against our database of known spammers/advertisers and if the computer feels you may be a spammer then registration is denied. This is automated and no one actually sees your email at this point.
    Admins can view your email address but typically we don't need to unless you need assistance with your account or there is an issue.
    Rarely we will send an email to you which if you prefer you can change your settings and choose to never receive email from us.
    Overall your email is safe, I have no issues using my personal email which contains my real name on it.

2. Why do I need to tell you my Date of Birth?
    Coppa law requires us to get written parental permission for anyone under 13 years of age. We opt out and our guidelines require all users to be physically 16 years of age and older.
    We also offer certain areas to persons who are over the age of 18.
    If you choose to display your age then your screen name will appear at the bottom of the forums on your Bday and we get to tell you, "Happy Birthday"
    When registering you can decide whether anyone sees your entire birthday, just the month and day, or not at all.

3. Can I just read the forums and not post?
    After registering you will have access to most of the forums.
    We have private sections at the bottom that remain private until you are comfortable interacting on the forums more regularly and apply to join those specifically.
    They also contain passwords to the private chat rooms and hosted chats.
    Please note that we occasionally delete all accounts that have never posted.
    A one time, short, "Hello", post will ensure your account is open and available to you and you may read the majority of the posts from there on out without being deleted from the database and having to re-register.

4. You say you only allow people over 16- who are all these kids on here??
    We welcome DID/MPD persons.
    These kids are living in an adult body. For more information on DID/MPD please see the other sticky in this area or:
    http://www.fortrefuge.com/DID.html
    and
    http://www.fortrefuge.com/DIDfacts.html.

5. I can't read/understand what they are saying.
    We understand. Most websites do not allow them.
    DID/MPD persons are limited if not outright rejected to better accommodate those of you who are the majority. Here we do allow them to just be themselves and express in a manner consistent with how they feel best, what is in their heart.

I would say most of the kids spell phonetically and/or with kid linguistics- how it sounds when spoken by a child. While rarely actually needed, if you could use assistance please feel free to kindly ask for an interpretation or translation. Otherwise, you are in no way obligated to read/respond to any posts here made by anyone.
    Most of these younger persons are highly intelligent, deep thinking and very insightful. Some of the best advice and feedback I have received personally has been from those that appear very young.
    It can be startling for those unfamiliar with Multiple Personalities but if you can put aside preconceived ideas and/or prejudices you just may make a great friend.

While we deeply regret when people feel too uncomfortable and just can't shake it and need to leave, we know there are sites with high numbers of members, places much bigger than ours, that would love to have you and we wish you the best.
    If you want to perhaps find littler known communities not on the top of search engines maybe you will find something in our list of web rings here:
    http://www.fortrefuge.com/webrings.html

6. Are you going to ask for money?
    No. We won't accept it if you offer.
    This site is paid for by Kevin and we choose to not bring money issues into this Refuge. We don't currently have any paid advertising nor sponsors to intrude upon you either.

7. Who are you?
    Me personally that is writing? I'm usually known as "Lala" ; friend, mother, wife, survivor without a license, living in small town USA.
    Sometimes Kevin answers email as well but then he will sign his name.

Feel free to email us at admin@fortrefuge.com

Lala
    Last edited by Lala; 11-26-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
    Charles R. Swindoll
    Guidelines | TOS | Registration Agreement | FAQ | Chat Technical Issues | Joining Private Folders | Posting YouTube | Ignore A User | Report a post/PM
    I don't represent the staff in all of my posts. Most of this is just my personal reply!

Befrienders Worldwide- Help for suicidal feelings in over 40 countries.

2. The following user says thank you to Lala for this useful post:

Amarra (06-15-2012)

Unregistered Guest

why has my registration been denied, i'm not a spammer

I don't understand why my registration has been denied, i'm not a spammer, just someone in need of support as a survivor struggling with issues from past abuse.

good question.
    it sometimes happens that you're trying to register and receive an error. each error page explains what happened and offers solutions, but usually it's one of the three problems:
    1. you are under 16.
    2. the nickname you wanted to use is already taken by another member.
    3. the nickname you wanted to use, your email address, or your ip address belong to a known spammer.

if you're under 16, you cannot register at fort. you're welcome to come back when you're older.
    if the nickname of your choice is already taken - you need to pick a different one.
    if your ip or email was used by a spammer - you might want to change it and make sure spammers don't have further access to your new email account.
    if the nickname you wanted belongs to a known spammer - pick a different nickname. for example, if you wanted to register as 'new_member' and received an error - try registering as 'new_member2012', 'member_new', or anything else you like.

you can see the reason your registration was denied and steps we suggest to resolve this problem on the error page you see at the time of denial.
    if you're still unsure how to resolve the problem - feel free to email admin@fortrefuge.com, and we'll gladly investigate your specific case and assist you with it.

hope this helps
    manya
    Guidelines | FAQ | Talk to Mods | Get Keys | Contributors Club

*Honorary Member of The Troll Patrol doing laundry in public:

5. The following user says thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (01-08-2016)

Unregistered Guest

Unable to see "image verification" fully in FireFox 40.0; only partially in Chrome

Perhaps Admin will have a chance after the holidays to let me know by return email what to do to solve my problems w/registering. In the registration section, in Firefox v. 40.0 I see *only the words "Image Verification", but no image to verify, and no place to type in the verification text. I didn't want to stack up a bunch of attempts which might sour my static IP as potential spammer, or worse, so I stopped trying to register and for experimentation's sake, opened the Guest Forum in Chrome (not sure of the version; I do not allow it to auto-update). Only now, in making this post in Chrome do I see anything beyond the text "image verification" - for the first time I see a partially truncated image along w/Captcha options and a field into which I can type the verification characters from the image.

Not trying to complain - just hopeful that someone will be able to tell me what browser functions I may have caged which are causing the problem in Firefox - as it is my preferred browser 99% of the time. I do not ever use InternetExploder

Thanks!

hey

unfortunately i cant respond through email because the email address you provided through contact us form is invalid
    glad you posted here so we can sort it out. you can email admin@fortrefuge.com directly, that would allow me to see your address and respond to you. or you can just use chrome to register, should be no issues with it

for headsup about the captcha glitch on the older version of firefox, will def look into it.

for you

ps: random internet explorer meme
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...44/857/b4b.jpg

8. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (01-08-2016),weepingwillow (01-02-2016)

Unregistered Guest

Not able to log in

Hi moderators,

I can't get on the forums since some time
    It logs me in , but immediately out again
    Hope some one can help with this problem ?!

- Shelter

oh hey shelter
    sounds like your browser isn't accepting our cookie anymore. try allowing cookies from fort, clear your history/cache, restart. if you're using a bookmark to get to fort - delete that bookmark, go straight to www.fortrefuge.com, make a new bookmark. you can also check "remember me" box, that should keep you logged in till you log out, even if you close your browser window (obviously dont use it if you're on a shared computer).

hope to see you around

11. The following 2 users say thank you to Manya for this useful post:

Jane (12-31-2016),weepingwillow (01-01-2017)

Thnx Manya!
    Not sure if that would work .. Just cleaned everthing ..
    Am in through IPhone now. Laptop is the problem.. Actually both laptops wont let me..
    Will try one more time what you advise! I might be doing something wrong. Thanks for the help

- Shelter

13. The following 2 users say thank you to Shelter for this useful post:

Jane (12-31-2016),weepingwillow (01-01-2017)

it looks like youre logged in now

Yes on my IPhone. Through laptop is the problem.

16. The following user says thank you to Shelter for this useful post:

Manya (12-31-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast