Viewing myself through G-d's eyes

1. ZJ
    ZJ
    How do you believe G-d sees you? This has been a hard question for me. I used to think that G-d barely put up with me, was possibly seconds away from striking me dead because of the mistakes I made. I was convinced of this because I was told these things growing up, and I was shown that I was worthless by the way people treated me (even though I was not worthless).

All of this did not have me running towards G-d, I was pretty scared to honestly.

As time went on though, G-d spoke to me through His Word, and through circumstances and people. I began to realize that G-d loves me, sees me as his child, as precious, as someone He died for.

I was wondering if anyone has also struggled with whether G-d loves them of not, or whether He really sees you as precious, beautiful, e.t.c. 'Cause I am thinking about doing a few studies about this, and want to know if you think this will be beneficial? I may just do it, because we all need reminders, including me. Would like to hear all your input though
  2. Adogsdaydream
    Adogsdaydream
    I remember I had to relearn who I thought God was. Much of what happened to me went a long way toward warping my view of Him. It's hard not to come back to thoughts of "where was He when..."

But I know He did rescue me. I know His plan was just that all along. When a very traumatized part of me asked once "where was He?" someone answered "He was preparing a place for you."

"... he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised"

Luke 4:18
  3. ZJ
    ZJ
    Hi
    Thanks for sharing I deal with the same thing with some of my parts actually. I have had the question many times "where was G-d?" At times I have just seen myself in the arms of Jesus, or even seen Jesus taking care of some of my parts. I guess it has been a long journey for me to trust G-d, because, of all of the abuse, but the more I have gotten to know G-d, the more I know He is good and that He would never hurt me.

I have also been reading a book of devotions called the Forgotten Way by Ted Dekker. It has really helped me see who G-d really is, and how He sees me. Not as damaged, an outcast, a reject, broken, e.t.c., but as His precious child who He greatly loves and who would do anything for. Really good book so far, would definately recommend.

Thanks again for sharing
  4. technogeek
    technogeek
    My Aunt posted this link on facebook about "God allows" IE how could "God allow" these things to happen to people. I found it interesting (and thought perhaps it could help others). http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfunda...ponse-to-evil/
  5. technogeek
    technogeek
    My Aunt posted this link on facebook about "God allows" IE how could "God allow" these things to happen to people. I found it interesting (and thought perhaps it could help others). http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfunda...ponse-to-evil/
  6. technogeek
    technogeek
  7. jewles
    jewles
    have I not commanded you? be strong and of good courage:do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord you God is with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9