Our view of G-d - Bible study

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Rossk
    Rossk
    What is the next topic for Bible Study?
  2. ZJ
    ZJ
    Thought we could start in the book of John, for our Bible study that is unrelated to abuse. It is a good foundational book. Still working on what Bible study format will work best for our group, I am open to your thoughts. I am still going to do a study related to abuse as long as people are intrested
  3. Rossk
    Rossk
    Whatever format you like is fine?

I never done bible study before, really but I will see what I can find for John book.
  4. ZJ
    ZJ
    Hi everyone

Wanted to continue with our view of G-d Bible study. Psalm 91 is a Scripture I go to when I am really scared, dealing with abuse issues, or just need to know G-d is fighting for me. However, these are sometimes hard things to believe when your having to face past or present abuse. Took me a while before I came to a place where I really did believe them. Please read Scripture, and if you feel inclined answer questions afterwards
    Psalm 91New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Security of the One Who Trusts in theLord.

91 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    My God, in whom I trust!”
    3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
    And from the deadly pestilence.
    4 He will cover you with His pinions,
    And under His wings you may seek refuge;
    His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
    Or of the arrow that flies by day;
    6 Of the pestilence that [a]stalks in darkness,
    Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
    7 A thousand may fall at your side
    And ten thousand at your right hand,
    But it shall not approach you.
    8 You will only look on with your eyes
    And see the recompense of the wicked.
    9 [b]For you have made the Lord, my refuge,
    Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
    10 No evil will befall you,
    Nor will any plague come near your [c]tent.

11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
    To guard you in all your ways.
    12 They will bear you up in their hands,
    That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
    13 You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
    The young lion and the [d]serpent you will trample down.

14 “Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
    I will set him securely on high, because he hasknown My name.
    15 “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in [e]trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
    16 “With [f]a long life I will satisfy him
    And [g]let him see My salvation.”

1. How does this Scripture make you feel or what does it make you think.
    2. Do you think this Scripture applies to you? Why or why not?

Have a blessed week
  5. Rossk
    Rossk
    I apologize, I haven't been very responsive within the last couple of weeks.

Psalms 91, I have printout of this around my house.

It reminds me to be secure in knowing GOD is fighting my battle. He the Everything in my life. It applies to me life in every way and all I need. Of course, I have to do my duty to apply the Word in my life more & better for manifestation. But it is a lovely passage.
  6. ZJ
    ZJ
    Hi Rossk no worries about taking break, we all need them from time to time. Glad to see you though Thanks for your response. Will try and give mine tomorrow, starting to feel super sleepy.
  7. ZJ
    ZJ
    Sorry for super late reply, been thinking about this topic. This verse really speaks about how our relationship with G-d is a shelter or refuge for us. Trusting G-d did not come naturally for me in the beginning, I struggled with it a lot. I think the main reason is that there was no one in my life that I really trusted. Plus, a lot of bad things had happened and I did not understand why G-d would let them.

G-d was/is patient with me and kind. I cannot tell you how many times G-d showed Himself to be my protecter and shelter, which in turn built my trust in Him.

One example, was the time this lady who was up to no good, and stalking me. She had called my work, friends, basically everyone that was around me at the time, to get info about where I lived e.t.c. I was super scared, because, she was crazy, had threatened to hurt me, and would have i given the opportunity.

So I and a few other people really asked G-d for His protection. I felt peace and no more fear, which was remarkable, because, I had previously been terrified. I also felt His assurance in my heart that I would be safe from her. After that, everything stopped, the calls, the threats, the stalking ended. Not sure what happened with her, but was super glad that G-d stepped in to protect me. This is just one example got lots of them, but want to keep me post at a reasonable length
  8. Rossk
    Rossk
    ZJ

This is very creepy experience. God will protect his own.
  9. Schnucki96
    Schnucki96
    Hi
    Thank you for your message. I so agree with the way abuse has left minds and hearts a skewed from God/Jesus true love for us and that sometimes admits it all it does not have to be hard to remember. We are beautiful, wonderful and fearfully made in the image of him..Psalm 139. Hope everyone has an terrific day and God-bless
    schnuckie
  10. ZJ
    ZJ
    Thanks Shnucki
    Really good point, we are fearfully, and wonderfully made, and beautiful in the eyes of G-d. Abuse has tried to make us think and feel differently, but what G-d has said is the truth. Thanks for your response, and G-d bless you!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12