Tips

1. JustMeM
    JustMeM
    Share any tips you might have with the group.
  2. JustMeM
    JustMeM
    Buy yourself a 2015 Diary/Planner.

I have never been one to keep a Diary with all my appointments and assignments, but this year I want to change that.

I bought myself a plain 2015 diary I picked one which really looked nice to me, but any simple diary can do. Most planners/diaries has a little inspirational quote at the bottom (the ones here in South Africa), but most of the quotes are so confusing and not really directed at me. So here is how you make your diary more interesting.

1) Get 365 motivational quotes or inspirational sayings (You can get less and just repeat your favorite ones or even write down the parts you love about yourself like: You have a beautiful smile, dont forget that). Type it on a nice big readable font (depending your preference) and print it out.
    Post a motivational quote on every day. There is usually space on top or you can just post it during a time you know you wont have any plans.

2) Print photos of things that make you happy or people you love or cute cliparts. Its nice to remind yourself every day of things you love and things you care about. It can be a small picture you can post it on the corner of every day.

3) Write down all the people close to you's birthdays on the day its their birthday.

4) New years resolutions. In the back of your diary, post a page that contains all your goals for the year. Be realistic about it and remember its goals not wishes. Every time you wonder why you are doing this or feel a little undetermined look at that list and remind yourself what you are working for.

5) My holiday starts in July, so in the beginning of July I posted a envelope called holiday reward. Since I will be working hard and wont be able to spend money on going out with my friends or doing fun stuff, I will take all the money I use to spend on going out and put it in that envelope. Put the money in there in the beginning of the month and forget about it. At the start of your holiday you will have some money to spend on doing stuff that you love. A little reward for yourself.
  3. BrokenGirl
    BrokenGirl
    we never get anything done until its looming..but what helped with study is to have a concrete study plan, that way i know we would be getting it all done and nothing is left out and gives us concrete goals for each day. concrete study plan as in, im gonna do sections 1-5 today, then 6-10 tomorrow etc.
  4. catmom21
    catmom21
    i do planner as well to keep myself organize and to remember assessments and when I need to go to tutoring etc. I also write notes and put it on my wall to remember like making a phone call or seeing a counselor or doing a test that needs to be done on weekends. I study 3 hours with one 15-20 min break so I can retain the info I study and if I don't understand something I get the courage to ask my professor or a classmate or google if I can find it. I think being organize is a big thing when it comes to school work
  5. JustMeM
    JustMeM

Planning is the best way to achieve success.

New Year is coming up and instead of doing the normal new years resolutions that are ridiculously hard to achieve with in one year, we should try and do it a little differently

Step 1: Set Lifetime goals
    Instead of putting a time limit on your goals and saying I only have a year to reach them, set lifetime goals. Make sure that all your goals are balanced evenly with the things you need in life. Here is what I mean by that:
    Career What level do you want to reach in your career, or what do you want to achieve?
    Financial How much do you want to earn, by what stage? How is this related to your career goals?
    Education Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to have in order to achieve other goals?
    Family Do you want to be a parent? If so, how are you going to be a good parent? How do you want to be seen by a partner or by members of your extended family?
    Artistic Do you want to achieve any artistic goals?
    Attitude Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you? (If so, set a goal to improve your behavior or find a solution to the problem.)
    Physical Are there any athletic goals that you want to achieve, or do you want good health deep into old age? What steps are you going to take to achieve this?
    Pleasure How do you want to enjoy yourself? (You should ensure that some of your life is for you!)
    Public Service Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, how?
    (Source:http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html)

Step 2: Set Smaller Goals
    Create a to do list every day for yourself. That way you can keep yourself on track and keep track of your goals.

Read about setting personal goals at:http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html

Hope this helps some of you set some realistic and rewarding goals for the future