HOENN CONFIRMED!

1. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    Seriously, you guys.

People have been hoping for and demanding a remake of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire for years. AND IT'S HAPPENED. No joke. An official Nintendo announcement was made today. Introducing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

I was skeptical at first, because fan-made videos like this have appeared in the past. But, I did a little research and confirmed this is the real deal! Is anyone excited?

Pokémemes has essentially exploded. What with all the trumpet jokes. Check it out:

Will you get one or both of these games? If so, what are you most looking forward to? What improvements are you hoping to see? The only thing I, personally, am hoping for is that they make the sea route less tedious. I mean, that was awful. XD
  2. MakeshiftWe
    MakeshiftWe
    I shouldn't be, but I am actually pretty stoked for this announcement! Ruby and Sapphire are fantastic games, and seeing them in the new 3D engine will be cool!

However, I understand why some people might not be as thrilled about it. When Pokemon X and Y introduced the PokeBank, it allowed us to transfer our Pokemon from Black and White over, which meant we pretty much immediately had access to every single critter in the series. So this remake doesn't have a lot to offer in the PokeDex department. It's more of a way to revisit the story. I know the competitive community is a little bummed, but they'll get over it.

- Lliott