video games for handhelds (or any system)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. dee76
    dee76
    hello group. i love video games and they do relax me. i cannot play to much on a big tv because of my vision and headaches and other things. but i do have every system ever made to this date including handhelds. I can play handheld games probably because of the smaller screen. I absolutley love rpgs!!! being able to play someone elses life and fantasy. it helps me remove myself from my own life.
    i love the final fantasy series!! currently i am playing suikoden for the ds. what are some of the games you like to play? or any suggestions? i will play from any genre. and thank you red for starting this group!!
  2. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    I play mostly on handhelds as well! I've followed Pokémon since it came out when I was 9 (dear lord that was 14 years ago ) and still love it today. I'm excited about X and Y!

A series I am very fond of is Rune Factory. The stories are always very neat, and the characters are great! It's Harvest Moon with swords!! Hahaha. Love it so much. Rune Factory 4 just came out recently. I want it so bad. o___o

I like the Fire Emblem series, too. I wanna try out the new one for the 3DS, but it's awfully expensive...

The Tales series is also very successful. I recently finished playing Tales of the Abyss. SO GOOD HOLY CRAP. Srsly.

3. dee76
    dee76
    I forgot about tales....awesome series. I never heard of rune factory. I will definitely try it out!! Thanks!! Also the mario and luigi series are actually fun!!
  4. dee76
    dee76
    Hey red have you ever played tales of vesperia or tales of graces? Those are my favorite tales games with tales of symohonia a close third.
  5. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    I haven't, but I think I have a system that could play one of those. I was trying to find it recently, actually.
  6. dee76
    dee76
    Both ps3 and xbox 360
  7. skwidkid
    skwidkid
    Recently I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Good piece to a great series. It's kind of like a first person dungeon crawler. Brings me back to Swords and Serpants and the NES meets Jade Cacoon on the SNES. Takes some of that classic feel and puts it together with some heavy dialogue/story line. If you are looking for a story to play, this series has it. If you don't like reading your games, I'd say this isn't a good action game for you. If you like Pokemon Dungeon you may just find the Shen Megami Tensei series worth a look.
  8. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    I've seen SMT around! Seems to be pretty popular. Never really looked at it myself, but thanks for the review! It does sound like something I could enjoy.
  9. skwidkid
    skwidkid
    Newest handheld obsessions Rune Factory 4 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Infinity Gate. Can I just say OMG they did an excellent job with the new RF I really like the upgrades to the game while keeping that great RF feel. Ahhhh... not make games make you love the art work, the story, the farming, and there's action! Can life get any better?
  10. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    I love both those games!!! RF4 is soooooo much fun! Srsly. The only thing I wasn't fond of in it was that elements of the main plot were based on randomness. Like, you had to wait for a certain random event to occur in order to even start the third and final story arc. That. Was. Horrid. I played 3 seasons in-game before it happened. Omg. It was so terrible. D: There are ways you can kinda cheat and get around this, but frig, it was irritating. But other than that, yeah! It has gorgeous art, and the voice actors do well. The guy who plays Vishnal is the same guy that plays Ed in FullMetal Alchemist! XD I thought they sounded familiar, so I looked it up. It was so cool!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast